User Avatar Image

Chuck Jordan's left Telltale

posted by Kroms on - last edited - Viewed by 291 users

Or is about to. Either way, read about it here. If you don't know who Chuck is, I gave a quick summary of his adventure game career on Mixnmojo.

My reaction: :eek: + :( + sincere hopes for success.

Good luck, Mr. J. Umm, good luck Chuck. Blah. I'll stop.

Seriously, good luck Chuck Jordan.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Pale Man said: You posted a movie poster of an awful movie, I said that it wasn't a good movie. How is that not relevant in reply to your post?

I guess it's relevant in the same way that I frequently derail good topics. If you want to be relevant in that way, be my guest.

• It's sad when a talented person leaves a company, especially one like TTG where it feels more like some insane family. :( Currently replaying Season 2 of Sam & Max as well!

• @Secret Fawful said: I guess it's relevant in the same way that I frequently derail good topics. If you want to be relevant in that way, be my guest.

Allowing a thread to go one full page before being derailed? That's blasphemy. That's madness.

• @Pale Man said: Allowing a thread to go one full page before being derailed? That's blasphemy. That's madness.

Madness?

THIS.

IS.

SPARTA!

:guybrush:

• and at that point the thread has officially been derailed! yayy!

• But it will not change his mind, he's still going to leave, and all of his greatness in the Episodes will not be there in the future. I'm talking about Chuck, just so you all know.

• You guys derailing this thread are absolute idiots..but anyway back on topic..

I loved the episodes Chuck did for Telltale. They were consistently funny, well written, and a joy to play. All the best for future endeavours!

On a broader scale it's sad to see so many talented folks leaving Telltale. Clearly the episodic model and multiple releases in a year must put a lot of pressure on people working there. A publisher will normally only let a studio do 2 games in a franchise in a row because of that burnout factor.. The videogame industry sure is a strange place to work. Hopefully this model of releases can evolve so that you can switch people on and off projects so you don't lose so many talented folks. Thanks to all the telltale employees I don't think people realize what a great job you do..they are too busy complaining about control schemes, and release times and other such nonsense.

• In fact, Hero1, I presume a lot of people, like me for example, do realize but prefer not to think too much about that, and for one reason : it’s hard to believe how things can positively evolve when the best leaves. And I want TellTale Games to evolve. I want them to deliver us something wonderful. I want them to have enough money to do a full-scale game (Yes, I’m done with sex-only related Pendulo’s jokes). And I hoped that they could gather experiences from the past to evolve. But if the one who knew this past are gone, what’s the benefit of all these years of hard work ?
    And that is, for me, sad, really really sad.

So I prefer to remember TellTale is a team, and a hard-working and passionate one, than crying on some important people’s departure… it’d spoil the taste of future games in my mind. Because when I look at Rareware, come on… each time I hear news about Rareware, I just feel like someone shaking a dead’s corpse and saying "I assure you, he can talk !". It’s so, so sad.

So long, Chuck, anyway ^^ I hope you’ll do great things for you, becoming great things for us :) Do you still plan to go for adventure games ?

• Yeah I always thought about the time schedule thing - that it must be one of the most stressful work environments possible (outside of a sweatshop or something). It's sort of like a humane, time intensive video game sweatshop to work a Telltale - everything is endlessly being done at a hyper pitch.

Partly why I appreciate why this stuff is done.

Thanks for everything, good luck with whatever is your fancy.

Add Comment