User Avatar Image

Black Map

posted by Camiren on - last edited - Viewed by 629 users

Well i just bought Monkey Island Telltales and i bought them on the computer so I didn't have to wait to get them in the mail. Well at first i downloaded Launch of the Screaming Narwhal and i went to the guy in the woods playing with those action figures and got the map form him to lead me to Dark Ninja Dave, but when i tried to open my inventory the WHOLE thing was black so i couldn't see anything so obviously I can't get any further because i can't see the map the guy gave me to go get Dark Ninja Dave. Then I try to open my inventory and the WHOLE thing is black to so i don't now where ANY of my stuff is in my inventory.

ANY help would be GREAT!!!

Thanks,
Camiren

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Camiren said: Well i just bought Monkey Island Telltales and i bought them on the computer so I didn't have to wait to get them in the mail. Well at first i downloaded Launch of the Screaming Narwhal and i went to the guy in the woods playing with those action figures and got the map form him to lead me to Dark Ninja Dave, but when i tried to open my inventory the WHOLE thing was black so i couldn't see anything so obviously I can't get any further because i can't see the map the guy gave me to go get Dark Ninja Dave. Then I try to open my inventory and the WHOLE thing is black to so i don't now where ANY of my stuff is in my inventory.

ANY help would be GREAT!!!

Thanks,
    Camiren

I used to have texture issues with my old computer and tf2.

Turn everything down to minimum. If that doesnt change anything, drivers or anything else won't change much else.

You'll have to get a new computer.

• @Fury said: I used to have texture issues with my old computer and tf2.

Turn everything down to minimum. If that doesnt change anything, drivers or anything else won't change much else.

You'll have to get a new computer.

Actually, it could also be caused by having (really) old video drivers. Have you tried updating your drivers, Camiren?

• @Fury said: You'll have to get a new computer.

Drama queen.

• No I don't know how to update my drivers?????

• My first thoughts upon reading your problem was also dated graphic card drivers. The method of finding out which graphics card your computer is using depends on the operating system you are running under and also which type of computer you own (i.e. PC/Mac).

Please could you provide as many details of what you do know about your setup?

For example, my system is:

Operating system: Windows Vista - 32-bit
    Processor: Dual-core 1.2GH
    Memory: 3GB
    Graphics Card: Nvidia (brand - this is most important) GTX (model)

If you can provide the operating system and graphics card details mainly then I can guide you to a link to update your drivers :)

• Okay i was playing today and when I open my inventory up next to the courthouse-the beach in Flotsam island it shows up so its not all black, but when i try to open the map to find Dark Ninja Dave it's still all black. So when I am in between the beach and the courthouse i can look at what i have in my inventory and where it is but the map to find Dark Ninja Dave is still all black. The only time the inventory works is when I'm in between the courthouse and the beach. Any where else the map & inventory are pitch black.

Also when I go to the menu to save, load, new game, etc. the background to that is all black to.

I don't have a clue on how to fix any of these prolbems. So i need ALL the help i can get.

Thanks,

Camiren
    :(

• @Camiren said: Okay i was playing today and when I open my inventory up next to the courthouse-the beach in Flotsam island it shows up so its not all black, but when i try to open the map to find Dark Ninja Dave it's still all black. So when I am in between the beach and the courthouse i can look at what i have in my inventory and where it is but the map to find Dark Ninja Dave is still all black. The only time the inventory works is when I'm in between the courthouse and the beach. Any where else the map & inventory are pitch black.

Also when I go to the menu to save, load, new game, etc. the background to that is all black to.

I don't have a clue on how to fix any of these prolbems. So i need ALL the help i can get.

Thanks,

Camiren
    :(

It's due to having an outdated graphics card. I had the same problem with tf2 and Sid Meir's Pirates! back in the day.

If drivers didn't change anything, you'll have to get a new graphics card.

What are your system specs? They would help.

• Where do i find what my system specs are???

• @Camiren said: Where do i find what my system specs are???

If you're using Windows, right click the Computer icon (or My Computer on XP) and click on properties. That will display most of your basic system information.

It does sound like you have a faulty or simply very outdated GPU though.

• @KuroShiro said:

It does sound like you have a faulty or simply very outdated GPU though.

BlackWhite is right, you should probably consider an upgrade, or a new PC.

Add Comment