User Avatar Image

Over 50 puzzles?!

posted by Ezny on - last edited - Viewed by 536 users

Wow, that sounds like a lot, considering it's only one episode. At least at this point.

I'm starting to get a little excited for Puzzle Agent now.

I wonder how many hours of gameplay will episode one generally have? Is it going to be around the 6-hour area like most TT games? Or maybe a bit longer, considering over 50 puzzles... ?

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @jeeno0142 said: Seriously! 9 of them in total! You wouldn't think there'd be enough puzzles to go round...

9 isnt enough... if they don't kill off layton in game 9, im expecting 3 more.

• Two were enough for me, the stories were way too ridiculous and many of the puzzles were just variations on the same thing.

Whoever talked about Ace Attorney 5, did you mean Ace Attorney Investigations? I haven't played the 5th case yet (so please don't spoil it!) but so far it's the one that makes the most sense after Ace Attorney 1. I actually gave away 2, 3 and Appollo Justice because they were insults to the human brain (which is a shame because the MaskDeMasque case in AA3 is one of my favourite cases in the whole series. I wish THESE were episodic, I'd just re-buy that one.)

• @Avistew said: Two were enough for me, the stories were way too ridiculous and many of the puzzles were just variations on the same thing.

yes, but they needed some different thinking. plus, professor Layton is the only guy who can make top hats awesome

• @The Highway said: professor Layton is the only guy who can make top hats awesome

I beg to differ.

:p

• @Fury said: Curse you and your knowledge of japanese.

To be honest, I know very little Japanese. O3O

Like, bar none.

Which is why *quietly* Walkthroughs are great. Mostly I just look at them for translation purposes, though...Of the puzzles themselves. Unless it's a slide puzzle. Then I don't need no dang translation...

...Am I one of the only people who actually really loves the slide puzzles? There better be some in this game. Seriously.

• @DarkStar Runner said: To be honest, I know very little Japanese. O3O

Like, bar none.

Which is why *quietly* Walkthroughs are great. Mostly I just look at them for translation purposes, though...Of the puzzles themselves. Unless it's a slide puzzle. Then I don't need no dang translation...

...Am I one of the only people who actually really loves the slide puzzles? There better be some in this game. Seriously.

I like sliding puzzles, but the general consensus is that most do not. Sad really.

• @adventureaddict said: I like sliding puzzles, but the general consensus is that most do not. Sad really.

Sliding puzzles are good! Layton had some really good ones in the first two games.

• I liked the sliding puzzles on Prof Layton, but some got really hard and I'd be sitting there for about 20 minutes sliding the blocks about. I didn't think they could get so difficult. Or maybe I'm just not very good at them.

• I don't like very much sliding puzzles, but I don't mind if there are a few of them. Anyway, I think they are well placed on the Layton games: the obligatory slinding puzzles, the ones you need to progress in the story, are quite easy. The more difficult are the optative, the challenges you must solve if you want to solve the game completely.

Add Comment