User Avatar Image

I would buy a Jurassic Park adventure game game made by Telltale...

posted by V_Ben on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Just saying, I would! Would you?

(Go and get the new issue of Game Informer... If you know what I mean...)

145 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dudes. The Jurassic Park hate. Why?

It's an amazing movie.

• @JedExodus said: They'll be doing a prequel...because the dinosaurs didn't wanna do the VO work

LOL. Jurassic Park prequel with NO dinosaurs.

So the puzzles involve figuring out how to extract dinosaur DNA from pieces of amber and inserting the correct amphibian dna into the genetic code gaps so they can have actual dinosaurs in the movie. Brilliant. :p

• You know this is just viral advertising for Game Informer

• ((Hmm Gameplay options?...))

'Enjoy' Dinosaur Theme Park

'Run' From Dinosaur

'Run' From Bigger Dinosaur

'Search' Dinosaur Poop

Wash Poopy Satellite Phone In River

etc

..not exactly Point n Click adventuregame material is it?

• Interesting, if true.

However, they could announce a Hello Kitty game and I'd be on board with it, they've yet to fail me thus far.

• I'd love to see Telltale try out some new waters. I don't see this game as a fps-shoot&kill game, rather as a puzzle-game with a lot of cool cut-scenes.

And I hope they write the story with more sea-creatures than the Jurassic Park-series have presented previously.

Imagine the humans arriving to the Island by ship. During the voyage they suddenly feel a hard blow to the ship. Some seconds later the people witness a large creature jumping up from the water. Another creature can be seen on the surface, with the size of a bluewhale and huge razor-sharp teeth.

The sea changes color, as the humans witness the smaller creature getting ripped to parts by the Predator X:

45-ton-pliosaur-attacking-a-plesiosaur-ADykker_&_hval_small.jpg
    [Images Copyright: Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Norway]

A few days after arriving on the Island, the humans have to enter the water to solve a puzzle (by diving, boat etc).
    By combining creepy music, and knowing that these creatures are in the sea, I would be freaked out while playing that scene.

Another creepy seacreature is the Megalodon:
    61374-bigthumbnail.jpg

• @Dage said: ((Hmm Gameplay options?...))

'Enjoy' Dinosaur Theme Park

'Run' From Dinosaur

'Run' From Bigger Dinosaur

'Search' Dinosaur Poop

Wash Poopy Satellite Phone In River

etc

..not exactly Point n Click adventuregame material is it?

Oh for crying out loud. Are you that guy that made the adventure game engine? If so you should know better than this how easily you could turn the movies into an adventure game. It's not like the game has to follow the movies to the letter. That's why a game is a game and a movie is a movie. This post pissed me off so bad. Argh.

• I'd be okay with it as long as you got to play as Ian Malcolm at some point. That guy was awesome.

Add Comment