User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 3 - "They Stole Max's Brain!"

posted by ttg_Stemmle on - last edited - Viewed by 2.0K users

Hey, all. Mike Stemmle here.

With Episode 303 making the final turn before hitting the virtual streets, now seems like a good time for a "members only"* thread in which Joe Pinney and I open up the floor to a few questions about the episode.

What can I tell y'all about this ep? It's got:

- Sam as you've never seen him!
- Max taking charge of an investigation!
- Hot Ape-on-Cockroach action!
- More rhinoplastying than you can shake a stick at!
- Sam's surprising new partner!

Consider the floodgates open,
Mike "Finishing 304 as I Type" Stemmle

* We should have jackets!

375 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It would be nice if a few of the guys at Telltale took a day or so to make the poster for 303 so it can be released BEFORE the ep. itself came out.
    But that's if they put it as a higher priority and get it done soon.
    It would cause more excitement...
    As well as various other things to happen to some people...

• This game is going to be awesome!

• @Sausy Gibbon said: I just noticed Sam has 5 o'clock shadow in the screenshot, it seems strange that he woud grow that in under a day.

To me it seems stranger that he can grow one at all, since he already has brown hair there. Does he shave with a colour eraser tool or something?

@Sausy Gibbon said: On the other hand, I think I'm more thrown off by his having three tufts of fur up there instead of two.
    He's always had three, at least in the comics. I know little Sam just had one in 202 and 204.

• @Sausy Gibbon said: I just noticed Sam has 5 o'clock shadow in the screenshot, it seems strange that he woud grow that in under a day.

The reason WHY it is called 5 o'clock shadow is that, when you shave every day, and you shaved that morning, it grows that way by 5 o'clock that evening. So, by definition, it DOES grow in under a day in real life.

• @Shwoo said: He's always had three, at least in the comics. I know little Sam just had one in 202 and 204.

*checks Surfin' the Highway* ... Whoops! Yep, you're right. Looking at The Big Sleep, I think that's where I got the idea he only had two, along with drawing him that way myself for so long. I'll be over in the corner later, giving my eye for detail a few good pokes.

@Shwoo said: To me it seems stranger that he can grow one at all, since he already has brown hair there. Does he shave with a colour eraser tool or something?

Hmm ... does he like cinnamon?

Joking aside, I've got nothing except that it looks cool and my brain starts melting if I start thinking too hard about the mechanics of it all.

• It's not weirder than the moustache :p

The way I see it, he's got short fur there, and can grow a beard that's longer and as a result it looks darker. Because it's longer so it creates more shadow! Perfectly logical.

• @Avistew said: It's not weirder than the moustache :p

The way I see it, he's got short fur there, and can grow a beard that's longer and as a result it looks darker. Because it's longer so it creates more shadow! Perfectly logical.

He is just wondering how he cuts it without cutting off the rest of his hair there. My guess is that he meticulously trims it EVERYDAY, but I don't know how correct that is.

• look at my icon
    /
    -----------------
    \

• I love the broken down film noir detective sam already :D I find it quite fitting for his situation.

• @Avistew said: It's not weirder than the moustache :p

Point to Avistew! (Also, proof that I should go down and have breakfast already.)

@Avistew said: He is just wondering how he cuts it without cutting off the rest of his hair there. My guess is that he meticulously trims it EVERYDAY, but I don't know how correct that is.

At the very least it's plausible, considering a lot of men do just that.

Oh, and if you were referring to me with that first "he", I'm actually a she. ;)

Add Comment