User Avatar Image

17$ shipping for Europe is crazy

posted by viper1701 on - last edited - Viewed by 868 users

Hi Telltale,

I'm an old customer who bought almost every single game since you started...

However I must say I'm very disappointed with the shipping cost for one freaking DVD sent to Europe (France in my case)

17$ for one DVD ? really ?

For comparison Amazon is charging 6$ for a dvd and very little more if you add one or two more.

I mean USPS is not even that good, it took weeks to receive Wallace & Gromit.

I'm sure there are less expensive shipping method, specially for telltale customers who receive this DVD as a "gift" and who probably don't mind waiting for a few weeks to receive their games (considering they can always download the digital version).

I hope you will be able to change this because this 17$ fee is really transforming the gift into a curse...

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Still waiting for reasonable shipping prices to Canada. I only preordered Tales of Monkey Island digitally because I thought I could get a physical copy for the cost of shipping a DVD (which should not exceed $6; $16 is outrageous). If it's the case that reasonable shipping options are going to remain unavailable, I can't justify buying any more Telltale Games.

• For the last time, telltale are not in charge of setting the price!!
    If it bothers you that much, wait until there's a free shipping deal and order it then.

• @Toast_Burner said: Go on to the store page, then click on "Games" on the box on the left, Then you will have a full list of every game they sell (or just follow this link) and just look for the DVD version of what you want.
    On the DVD versions page bellow the price is a box to enter your order number in.

Thanks for helping man! - Though unfortunatly, it's still showing the full price for the DVD's (I am logged in too - honest!) :)

• @NeatNit said: For the last time, telltale are not in charge of setting the price!!
    If it bothers you that much, wait until there's a free shipping deal and order it then.

This does not mean they are incapable of seeking an alternative. And thus far, the free shipping deals require the purchase of something else, which entirely defeats the purpose of receiving the DVD for "JUST THE SHIPPING COST!" in the first place.

• Well, you're kind of right, but it's either get $50 worth of other stuff and nothing else, or pay $17(-ish) and get nothing else.
    So, if we round $17 up to $20, you can either pay $30 more and get $50 worth of stuff (and a DVD of course!), or save $30 and pay just for shipping.
    If you're a big fan, then the $50 solution might be good, however at some point you're gonne run out of stuff to buy.

I still don't think Telltale has that much to do with it. Keep in mind, it's a relatively small company and they're just trying to earn their money. If they offer too many awesome deals, they could lose a lot of money. And with shipping, much worse.

• I'm feeling dumb but I just can't figure out how this $50 free shipment works. To make sure I'm not buying any items that do not qualify for the discount I chose 3xT-shirt (about $53 total) and it still asks me to pay $30 for shipment to Poland. Do some country restrictions apply or is it something else?

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@Master of U said: I'm feeling dumb but I just can't figure out how this $50 free shipment works. To make sure I'm not buying any items that do not qualify for the discount I chose 3xT-shirt (about $53 total) and it still asks me to pay $30 for shipment to Poland. Do some country restrictions apply or is it something else?

The offer ended Months ago and was only valid for a few weeks.

• Ah, all right, thanks, just thought it's still valid seeing as everyone seemed to talk about it in present tense.

• Sorry for being unclear, it is only valid about every time they make a DVD or a new and important piece of merchendise. I can almost guarantee that it will be available again when the Season 3 DVD can be purchased.

• I'm sorry, but I can't buy the 'Telltale are a small company' anymore... They're one of the largest developerss of episodic gaming out there with several huge licenses under their belt and, I'd suspect, a significant turnover to show for it at the end of the tax year, else they wouldn't still be alive and well in this dire economic climate.

There's no justifiable reason that they 'cannot investigate alternative shipping arrangements' or 'negotiate contracts'. I work for a small UK e-tailer and we're constantly pushing our existing contract holders to offer discounts by threatening to move to other highly competitive providers.

Hell, offer land/sea shipping for people on the provision that they can't complain if it gets lost or damaged. Just don't ask me for $16 for something others can do for a fraction of the price.

Add Comment