User Avatar Image

First Episode 3 screenshot!

posted by YoshiRoll on - last edited - Viewed by 975 users

snm_tdp_tsmb_noir_sam.jpg

What do you guys think?
What does this mean?

70 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @NickClick2 said: I immediately thought of Flint Paper, but dirty Harry works too.

    I actually thought "Indiana Jones," with those clothes.

  • this picture is very...very interesting.
    a sign of darker things to come perhaps?

  • An interesting take would be that Max doesn't appear at all in Episode 3 as he's comatose, so Sam has to team up with Flint Paper and has spent weeks searching for the people who have done this to Max, ...which is an idea I actually like the sound of a lot!

  • You have to remember Sam has the potential to go, for lack of a better term, bat-**** crazy. He just doesn't because watching Max seems to give him some sort of fulfilment.

    Plus Max is his life long best friend and he's just had his brain removed. It's not too much to expect the whole thing might cause something to snap in Sam's head.

  • Maybe its Sam pretending to be Max?

  • @Zonino said: You have to remember Sam has the potential to go, for lack of a better term, bat-**** crazy. He just doesn't because watching Max seems to give him some sort of fulfilment.

    Plus Max is his life long best friend and he's just had his brain removed. It's not too much to expect the whole thing might cause something to snap in Sam's head.

    We're on a similar wavelength here. Sam has been separated from Max before, but never quite like this (i.e. this is pretty much the most heinous instance so far). Considering the circumstances, and just Sam and his relationship with Max in general, it's not all that surprising he'd "go hardcore" as a result.

    @Zonino said: Maybe its Sam pretending to be Max?

    Naw, the comparison to Flint Paper seems more fitting. Also -- although this is just speculation -- I would imagine Noir!Sam to be very single-minded in where he directs his energy/anger, while Max is more a force of impulsive, chaotic mayhem. Sam likes mayhem too, but With a Cause (usually).

  • @light_rises said: We're on a similar wavelength here. Sam has been separated from Max before, but never quite like this (i.e. this is pretty much the most heinous instance so far). Considering the circumstances, and just Sam and his relationship with Max in general, it's not all that surprising he'd "go hardcore" as a result.


    Yeah, remember how depressed he was when they were separated in Culture Shock and What's New, Beelzebub? And that was just with Max being kidnapped/separated from him. I could easily see him going completely insane with Max dead (or essentially dead).

  • So that's what happened to Noogie...

    I agree with everyone else that Sam definitely doesn't lool like he's in the mood for witty banter and inventory puzzles. I think it'd be pretty cool if this episode had a hard boiled detective/film noir feel to it, especially combined with the pseudo-Lovecraft themes that have been popping up so far.

  • @lombre said: Yeah, remember how depressed he was when they were separated in Culture Shock and What's New, Beelzebub? And that was just with Max being kidnapped/separated from him. I could easily see him going completely insane with Max dead (or essentially dead).

    Max was dead once. In Bay Day on the Moon. For, like, a page. I'm totally sure he can go bat-*Bleep* crazy in the moment he knows who did it. Then I'm going to need my camera =P

  • User Avatar Image
    MRN

    I just hope we get to see Sam shooting someone in the face

Add Comment