User Avatar Image

No, no, no, NOOOOOOO!!!!!

posted by Megaace on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

I am still on shock. I love Telltale and I have bought all their games because it is the only company devoted to graphic adventures. Now I read these news about a Back to the Future and (gulp!) Jurassic Park games... Why oh why? Telltale has sold to the enemy and now they are going to make action or, even worse... "action adventures".
Does the world need more "action adventures"? No sir. Does the world need more Hollywood-licensed games? Noooo sir. Does the world need more "interactive cinematic movies". Oh, noooo....

Less time, less money and less resources to make good graphic adventures...
Telltale has sold to Hollywood. Now I am depressed... I am going to drink a full bottle of whisky right now... :(

172 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I really think we can do without the Nazi stuff, okay?

• @jp-30 said: I really think we can do without the Nazi stuff, okay?

Why? Are you a N..

...okay, sorry.

• @GuruGuru214 said: That's the key point, though. Once The Devil's Playhouse is finished, the future's not looking good.

Because they have an amazing opportunity to make 2 game series based on franchises that many people are huge fans of, the future isn't looking good? :confused:

• @GuruGuru214 said: That's the key point, though. Once The Devil's Playhouse is finished, the future's not looking good.

For a very small minority of Telltale Fans. But they sure can yell!

How can you say the future's not looking good when they've already put the wonderful Pilot Program in place?

• Yeah, I'm not sold on that either, but I'd never even heard of Graham Annable before Puzzle Agent was announced, so take that for what you will. I'm still willing to give Puzzle Agent a try, and I'll even try to give Back to the Future the benefit of the doubt, but it's going to take a lot to sell me on Jurassic Park.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Yeah, I'm not sold on that either, but I'd never even heard of Graham Annable before Puzzle Agent was announced, so take that for what you will. I'm still willing to give Puzzle Agent a try, and I'll even try to give Back to the Future the benefit of the doubt, but it's going to take a lot to sell me on Jurassic Park.

You've sounded cranky on the last two posts, are you going to need a nap?

It's going to take a lot for me too, but at least I can do is give it a try and if I don't like it, then I don't have to play it ever again.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Yeah, I'm not sold on that either, but I'd never even heard of Graham Annable before Puzzle Agent was announced, so take that for what you will. I'm still willing to give Puzzle Agent a try, and I'll even try to give Back to the Future the benefit of the doubt, but it's going to take a lot to sell me on Jurassic Park.

You're not a very big Telltale fan if you hadn't heard of Annable before last month. :p

• I guess I just don't see Jurassic Park as a worthwhile franchise. The first movie was decent, but the other two went from bad to worse, the book just confused the hell out of me when I attempted to read it (though I may have been too young for it at the time), and the last two video games I've played based on it were not exactly positive experiences. I'd certainly expect Telltale to produce a superior title to those, but...like I said, it's going to take a lot to sell me on anything derived from Jurassic Park, no matter who is making it.

@Pale Man said: You're not a very big Telltale fan if you hadn't heard of Annable before last month. :p

No, it's just a severe case of tunnel vision, though I admit that I didn't really cross the line into Telltale fandom until around last November.

• Can I get a "Hell yeah!" now?

• @GuruGuru214 said: I guess I just don't see Jurassic Park as a worthwhile franchise. The first movie was decent, but the other two went from bad to worse, the book just confused the hell out of me when I attempted to read it (though I may have been too young for it at the time), and the last two video games I've played based on it were not exactly positive experiences. I'd certainly expect Telltale to produce a superior title to those, but...like I said, it's going to take a lot to sell me on anything derived from Jurassic Park, no matter who is making it.

I had barely seen anything W&G related before TTG made Grand Adventures, yet it was a day one purchase and I've never regretted it. I hadn't watched a Strong Bad toon in nearly 5 years when they announced SBCG4AP, yet it was a day one purchase also, and I also never regretted that. I've never watched an episode of CSI yet I have played and completed all 3 of TTG's CSI games, and enjoyed them thoroughly.

As far as I'm concerned, Telltale have yet to disappoint me in anything, even licenses I didn't really care much about or didn't think would make a good game.

Add Comment