User Avatar Image

Wich Island?

posted by Icedhope on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Well this Island take place on Isla Nublar, or Isla Sorna?

Because honestly they have dinosaurs on both, and it would be good to see some of the movie locals, both could be said for both islands.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Gryffalio said: Methinks Monkey Island fans are ruining this thread :p

Your right
    OFF TO TOTAL DRAMA ISLAND(what there could be dinosaurs there)

• Wow, Nublar is winning. I'm surprised by that honestly.

• Isla Mono! Or Isla Costra. Or Isla Botín. Or Isla Grasa. Or Isla Saqueo. Or Isla Sangre. Or Isla Calavera. Or Isla Lucro. Or Isla Precioso.

Islands that didn't translate well: Isla Cuerpo a Cuerpo and Isla Jambalaya. Also, the last two don't translate back correctly, which means they probably didn't translate right in the first place. Also, Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna apparently mean Mist Island and Sarcasm/Irony Island.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Isla Mono! Or Isla Costra. Or Isla Botín. Or Isla Grasa. Or Isla Saqueo. Or Isla Sangre. Or Isla Calavera. Or Isla Lucro. Or Isla Precioso.

Islands that didn't translate well: Isla Cuerpo a Cuerpo and Isla Jambalaya. Also, the last two don't translate back correctly, which means they probably didn't translate right in the first place. Also, Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna apparently mean Mist Island and Sarcasm/Irony Island.

What about Isla Muerta?

• When was there an Isla Muerta? The closest I've heard to that is "Isla de Muerta" from Pirates of the Caribbean, which translates to "Island of Dead".

• @GuruGuru214 said: When was there an Isla Muerta? The closest I've heard to that is "Isla de Muerta" from Pirates of the Caribbean, which translates to "Island of Dead".

Actually the whole Island chain is De Cinco Muerta (The Five Deaths.)

Wich they are named Isla Matanceros, Isla Muerta, Isla Pena, Isla Sorna and Isla Tacaño.

• Definitely Isla Nublar. I find the atmosphere of man versus nature and shattered dreams to be key aspects of the aura of the original Jurassic Park movie and book (which are my favorites of the franchise). I feel that atmosphere would best be presented within Isla Nublar, the island where the shit hit the fan. To be honest, Isla Nublar and Sorna both showcase two separate sides and tones of the Jurassic Park saga, and I prefer the Isla Nublar in that regard. I'm hoping this game takes place as a park attendant during the events of the original park disaster, drawing inspiration from both the movie and book.

• @Tor said: Isla Tor, which is populated by Torosaurus.

I'd say Isla The... where the scary Thesaurus roams.

• Monkey Island and Jurassic Park crossover!!
    In modern days, they found out that the island from the first JP was actually Monkey Island... And when they unearth the giant monkey head and the gateway to hell... Lechuck returns with an army of T-Rex skeletons... And this time only Dr.Grant (who discovers he's a descendant from Guybrush) can stop him! Haha!

• @Icedhope said: Actually the whole Island chain is De Cinco Muerta (The Five Deaths.)

Wich they are named Isla Matanceros, Isla Muerta, Isla Pena, Isla Sorna and Isla Tacaño.

"The Five Deaths" is translated as "Las cinco muertes"
    Death (noun) = Muerte
    Dead (adjective) = Muerto (m) / Muerta (f)

I voted for Nublar, by the way. It's the island from the first movie, it isn't? The one with the park, not with the labs, right? That's the island I wanted to vote, I hope not to have commited a mistake...

Add Comment