User Avatar Image

No, no, no, NOOOOOOO!!!!!

posted by Megaace on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

I am still on shock. I love Telltale and I have bought all their games because it is the only company devoted to graphic adventures. Now I read these news about a Back to the Future and (gulp!) Jurassic Park games... Why oh why? Telltale has sold to the enemy and now they are going to make action or, even worse... "action adventures".
Does the world need more "action adventures"? No sir. Does the world need more Hollywood-licensed games? Noooo sir. Does the world need more "interactive cinematic movies". Oh, noooo....

Less time, less money and less resources to make good graphic adventures...
Telltale has sold to Hollywood. Now I am depressed... I am going to drink a full bottle of whisky right now... :(

172 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh. Yeah I meant why did you laugh. I completely misunderstood your point though earlier. We all know that with every non-original property Telltale handles it's going to bring a new wave of crazy people to the forums, but it might also bring great ones too. And with two properties as big as these, well. Someday these forums will get so big none of us will recognize it, and in the end, I'm sure some of us will move on. These forums won't always be the homely place where everyone knows who this or that guy is. That started to disappear when TOMI came out.

  • @Lena_P said: Jurassic Park is a series with tons of fanboys and girls

    That's news to me.

    Well...okay, it was news to me when they started coming out of the woodwork yesterday. And to think I used to like some of you people.

  • Honestly, I feel like the crazies tend to disappear after the games are finally released. Yeah the forums are getting bigger, but that also means more cool people start showing up.

    But yeah, I've had Crichton fans lecture me in depth about how "accurate" his stories are. To hear them talk you'd think the guy wrote non-fiction ...

  • @Lena_P said: Honestly, I feel like the crazies tend to disappear after the games are finally released. Yeah the forums are getting bigger, but that also means more cool people start showing up.

    But yeah, I've had Crichton fans lecture me in depth about how "accurate" his stories are. To hear them talk you'd think the guy wrote non-fiction ...

    They've got nothing on Tolkienites.

  • Being based on well-known movie franchises won't make the games suck and doesn't automatically mean they won't be adventure games. Why would it?

  • I trust that Telltale Games knows what they're doing.

    That is all.

  • @Shwoo said: Being based on well-known movie franchises won't make the games suck and doesn't automatically mean they won't be adventure games. Why would it?

    Because the press release said that they were branching into new styles of gameplay, and many people pessimistically assume that means something other than adventure games.

  • @GuruGuru214 said: That's news to me.

    Well...okay, it was news to me when they started coming out of the woodwork yesterday. And to think I used to like some of you people.

    Hey I think I have openly admitted on my profile that it was one of my favorites.

  • I don't think we can be friends anymore.

    Okay, seriously, I don't have anything against Jurassic Park, I just find it terribly uninteresting.

  • I must say I'm also kinda dissapointed in this. Was either hoping for an original IP or an old Lucasarts IP. (Grim or DOTT anyone?)
    I'm sure they could nail it with the adventure genre (especially BTTF), but after hearing about that they wanted to explore "new styles of gameplay" my attitude went from intrigued to VERY sceptical.
    But that's just me!

    I'm also a little worried; if this doesn't go well financially in the end - what consequences will this have for Telltale as a company?

    Anyways.. Here's hoping for the best.. (*GULP*)

Add Comment