User Avatar Image

Will TT Engine be capable to render photorealistic graphic?

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

I'm worried that the TT Engine will not be able to deliver high-end graphic that fully respect the high visual standard that the Jurassic Park brand needs. The movie was a milestone about this, but will the TT graphic engine be capable to render lights effects, enough polygons and detailed textures that the project needs?
When JP will be out, another game will be realeased and, although it's a different genre, it will set the graphic standard: i'm talking of Crysis 2.
How will it compare to JP?

The last photorealistic game TT did was CSI: Hard Evidence and although it has clean and nice graphic, it cannot compete with nowadays standards:

744449-csi4_2008_10_12_22_54_48_65_super
Crysis_Faces_36.jpg
One of the two is Crysis 2... ;)

Of course all I've said is completely unnuseful if the plan is to release JP for Wii given its old hardware and its crappy and anachronistic 40mb limit...

102 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Spadge said: Heh, I often find photorealistic characters rather creepy. But that's probably just me. :D

This is known as the uncanny valley.

uncanny_valley.jpg

I think it's because the eyes always look dull and lifeless.

• @Pale Man said: This is known as the uncanny valley.

That's a very interesting concept.

• User Avatar Image
    Tor

@Pale Man said: This is known as the uncanny valley.

I'm familiar with the effect (the humanoid robot pictured in the article is a good example) but I didn't know the name for it. Thanks for the link!

• I think movie licenses like Bttf and Jurassic Park lends themselves to realistic graphics so I really hope they'll try to go with that for those games.
    It just wouldn't really be Jurassic Park with cartoony and wacky charactes in it.
    Maybe this is what they're going for:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyGMiwOGBfM

• Crikey, some of you guys are talking as if there's a cartoony-realistic dichotomy, with nothing in between. I would find a Jurassic Park game with graphics along the lines of Telltale's CSI games perfectly acceptable. I really hope they won't go for some totally unnecessary Crysis overkill, not in the last place because my PC couldn't handle it.

• I think Jurassic Park deserves something more than the dated graphics of the CSI games. The movies always looked smashing, with high production values. The efects in the movies were even groundbreaking for it's time.

• @Santar said: I think Jurassic Park deserves something more than the dated graphics of the CSI games. The movies always looked smashing, with high production values. The efects in the movies were even groundbreaking for it's time.

Agreed. I still think the original Jurassic Park has better visuals than the majority of actions films today. Besides, Telltale's engine features scalable graphics settings so people with low end PC's can play the game and people with high end PCs can have it looking spectacular.

• @SparkTR said: Agreed. I still think the original Jurassic Park has better visuals than the majority of actions films today. Besides, Telltale's engine features scalable graphics settings so people with low end PC's can play the game and people with high end PCs can have it looking spectacular.

Yeah, it's been a while since I last saw them, but I've always thought they look fantastic even by todays standards.
    Lets hope they actually surprise us with the graphics of both these new franchises. It would be really awesome if they stepped outside of the cartoony zany graphic styles I think.

• Dr. Nucleus's assistent: Finally, we've succeeded and as expected we can confirm that also adventure gamers can be turned into visual dependants!

• Yeah the awesome special effects of Jurassic Park bringing dinosaurs to life on the big screen was what made that movie a classic. Without the jaw-dropping "omg it's a dinosaur staring right at me" effects, there's not much there. This will be a tough one for TT. Personally, I think they would have been better off with Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle.

Add Comment