User Avatar Image

Monkey Island 3a: The Secret Revealed or your money back

posted by Cyrus7 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Tales of Monkey Island are finished, DeathSpank is finished and nearing release. I hope Ron will once get to create this game. If DeathSpank is a success, he won't need the lottery to buy the rights :D

What would you expect from a game like that (except the revelation of the Secret)?

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • There are akready several threads trying to suggest the MI3a or MI5 or MI6 or whatever you wanna call that.

  • @dthoupis said: There are akready several threads trying to suggest the MI3a or MI5 or MI6 or whatever you wanna call that.

    I want MI 1.5 3A thand dont negate CMI 4.5 (or 5 depends how you view TMI XD) all in the same game..oh and a pony

  • I would like to find out what the heck the original team wanted to show yes but I don't want anything that cancels out any of the games after MI2.

  • @dthoupis said: I would like to find out what the heck the original team wanted to show yes but I don't want anything that cancels out any of the games after MI2.

    Still, I can't think of a satisfying way to reveal the original MI3 story without making it a direct sequel to MI2. I certainly don't want to know the secret in an interview only, or anything like that. It's no more disrespect to the creators of other games, than any gamedeveloper who decides to reboot a series. In this case, this reboot only needs to be a temporarily solution even.

  • There is enough material to make a storyline between MI2 and Curse. Although people can be explained that this is how the original team envisioned it there is nothing bad about it. Still Curse and Escape and Tales do exist as games so nothing can really cancel them, not even an MI3a if you want.

  • @dthoupis said: There is enough material to make a storyline between MI2 and Curse. Although people can be explained that this is how the original team envisioned it there is nothing bad about it. Still Curse and Escape and Tales do exist as games so nothing can really cancel them, not even an MI3a if you want.

    Well, that depends if you want to spend the entire MI3a in a theme park. Because, that's all there is between MI2 and MI3. Which is why I wonder why they revisited the theme park at the end of MI3 instead of just having a themepark chapter in the beginning of it. It's like they changed their minds mid-game and said "heck, let's try and make an explanation of the MI2 ending anyway". I think they should've gone all the way, instead of just touching on the subject.

  • Perhaps yes but a lot of fans where asking for a valid explanation of the ending of MI2. You need to remember that at the time of Curse internet was not so wide and thus only few could scheme and think about why Ron Gilbert is not in the team e.t.c e.t.c. Don't think me as a Ron Gilbert worshipper but still the original creator had an idea that has to be finalised to reward the fans of the original games no offense to newer fans. I played Mi1 and MI2 when first were release and was very thrilled and down where I am, I had no idea MI3 was never coming and when Curse came out I had no idea that the original team was not involved until internet was spreaded and I researched it over the internet. Funnily enough last year a few days before Tales and SMISE was announced I started searching the web again for new MI leads and a week later the games were announced!!!

  • @Cyrus7 said: If DeathSpank is a success, he won't need the lottery to buy the rights :D

    Or he just teams up with Telltale, who already managed a deal with LucasArts for Monkey Island. A Monkey 3a should be very possible by the same means.

    I wouldn't worry about breaking continuity for games after MI2 at all. It won't be a Star Trek 11, and the case is a little different here. :)

  • The secret is that there is no secret.

  • @apenpaap said: The secret is that there is no secret.

    Basically, yes.

    And the ending to MI2 was a joke, not some deep serious thing that requires explanation. It was never meant to be taken seriously, it's freaking called Big Whoop. For crying out loud, how much more obvious that it was just a silly joke can it be?

Add Comment