User Avatar Image

What song would be the coolest theme song for Noir Sam? :D

posted by SlasherMan on - last edited - Viewed by 346 users

Random question :rolleyes: but here are my thoughts for one

Cat People by David Bowie, just because of rhythm and lyrics especially this part:

See these eyes so red
Red like jungle burning bright
Those who feel me near
Pull the blinds and change their minds

:D

What are your ideas for some cool theme song for this side of Sam we have never seen coming?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've always thought of that jazzy music at the beginning of Bright Side of the Moon - the one where Sam somehow manages to piece the whole mystery together - as Sam's theme. Judging by the screen shots, it might be too mellow for the upcoming episode but I'm still hoping they'll be able to work it in somewhere.

Perhaps then it would finally get its own track on the soundtrack CD (I'm assuming there will be one), instead of just being buried inside the cutscene suites. It's been used in a couple of other episodes, and at the end of the Chariots of the Dogs trailer, so I can't be the only one who likes it. :)

• @eriktorbjorn said: I've always thought of that jazzy music at the beginning of Bright Side of the Moon - the one where Sam somehow manages to piece the whole mystery together - as Sam's theme. Judging by the screen shots, it might be too mellow for the upcoming episode but I'm still hoping they'll be able to work it in somewhere.)

I asked about the same track in the Freelance Police Dispatch Forum, and this was the answer:

@eriktorbjorn said: That is the instrumental backing for World of Max, the closing credits song from Season One. If you listen, you can sing World of Max to yourself over the top. I love that track, too. When that cutscene cue was delivered for 106, I might have listened to it too many times, and would maybe injure someone to get a copy of the full track. The Gilbert and Sullivan parts would probably make it weird, though.

We have to cooperate with the Injure part. SOON.

• @GinnyN said: I asked about the same track in the Freelance Police Dispatch Forum, and this was the answer:

[QUOTE=Jake]
    That is the instrumental backing for World of Max, the closing credits song from Season One. If you listen, you can sing World of Max to yourself over the top. I love that track, too. When that cutscene cue was delivered for 106, I might have listened to it too many times, and would maybe injure someone to get a copy of the full track. The Gilbert and Sullivan parts would probably make it weird, though.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll be... I never noticed that before!

I guess that thoroughly shots down my theory of it being a "Sam" theme, but I'm still hoping it will make a reappearance. :)

• I don't really think Sam has gotten a 'theme' at all yet. Maybe with this episode, he'll get something for both Noir!Sam and regular Sam.

• Sam and Max have their own theme, I think. In the first two seasons it can be heard in the office music, the driving music, and the fanfare kind of thing that sometimes plays at the end of the episodes. On the first season soundtrack, the fanfare can be heard at about 0:16 in Myra!, and 0:17 in Pounding Fathers.

I think of the office music as Sam's theme, because it's more laid back, and the driving music as Max's theme, because it's more frenzied. It'd be really cool if they got their own separate themes, though.

• @StevenR said: A song that comes to mind for me, which seems apt considering that Sam is a dog is "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood and the Destroyers.

This is actually what I would have said.

• How about Wont get fooled again by The Who. Or would that be too much CSI Miami? XD

Add Comment