User Avatar Image

Monkey Island 3a: The Secret Revealed or your money back

posted by Cyrus7 on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

Tales of Monkey Island are finished, DeathSpank is finished and nearing release. I hope Ron will once get to create this game. If DeathSpank is a success, he won't need the lottery to buy the rights :D

What would you expect from a game like that (except the revelation of the Secret)?

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Hayden said: lisacounter.png

i could have sworn it was 7452...

• @The Highway said: i could have sworn it was 7452...

lisacounter2.png

There. Now shutup; this image editing is getting worse by the minute.

• An idea just flashed in my mind: can it be possible that Ron is already working on this project? DeathSpank was in the works since 2004 and was announced only in 2007; besides, he kept "Tales of Monkey Island" secret almost till the release.

Ron talked about his ideas two or three years ago, but now he's suspiciously quiet...

• @Hayden said: lisacounter2.png

There. Now shutup; this image editing is getting worse by the minute.

I counted its actuly over 9000!!!!

• There's even a wiki page related to it :D

• I think the biggest question here is... how many actually cares about the continuity between CMI and up to Tales?

Personally, they might as well be completely independant for all I care. The continuity between them was already somewhat derailed on CMI (but not so much noticable that I cared alot about it), EMI basically messed it up completely (at least, I don't agree with the way it took), and Tales almost ignored everything that had happened since... well, since E'n'G got married. I simply don't care about the continuity anymore, hence why I wouldn't mind a MI3a. That's also why I always thought a series called Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood would work - forget about the continuity. Just make individual games with a couple of references here and there, but don't make permanent changes. Tales did this pretty well, and that's probably why some people (me not included) think it's the best in the series (crazy people). :D

• @StarEye said: I think the biggest question here is... how many actually cares about the continuity between CMI and up to Tales?

Me. A lot.

The continuity exists in Monkey Island to some degree, so let's not completely screw up the canon and destroy the continuity. The last thing that we need is an ultimate timeline; we do not need conflicting information on the wiki pages. If Gilbert is going to make 'his MI3', then he can forget the '3' part and just make a 'MI6' with elements of what he originally wanted to include in his 'MI3'. Who says Gilbert isn't a strong enough writer to alter his planned storyline a little to allow the continuity to remain. Curse, Escape and Tales are good games, I love them, and I don't need to see them ignored and pushed aside to make way for a freaking nostalgia-fest.

StarEye, just so you know, this post wasn't solely directed at you, but many comments that I have read relating to this topic.

Add Comment