78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I did not expect Sal to sound like that!

Still, awesome trailer. Loved the neon signs as Sam drove down the road.

• Okay, well, that took about half an hour to calm down enough to type a legible post.

That was AMAZING. This is shaping up to be my favorite episode already. Also, Sal kinda sounds like Sylvester Stallone to me.

• it ant the geek he male ......
    in the words of sam maaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxx

• Woo, Majus! Way to typecast him as "foreign guy", guys. Sheesh.

Also, it's good to see that we start with the toys we finished 301 with and also find the rhinoplasty.

And that's just the tip of the iceburg. There's so much more awesome in that trailer than I can express.

• Haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard The Geek when watching that trailer. The thought was quickly dispelled when said mystery brain acted rather un-Geek-like. Sammun-mak is a good theory. The brain would need to be psychic to work too, so it makes sense.

• I think Sal qualifies as the most disturbing of all Sam and Max characters. On the one hand, he's a giant cockroach. On the other hand, he sounds like even more mellifluous Patrick Warburton. The cognitive dissonance is making me feel a little queasy ...

• Film noir narration!

Darkness and rain!

Sam upset!

Video poker!

The brain in Max's body doesn't really sound like the Geek. The tone is wrong. She sounds more like Baby Amelia Earhart, but I hope it's Sammun-Mak.

What does Bob say before Sam says "Stop holding out on me!"? "Sam knows!"? I though he was saying "Sam, no!", but there's a definite s sound on the end of the line.

• I think that might just be the effect they use on Jared's voice to make it tinny. Also, I just realized Sam's five o'clock shadow extends down his neck ... unh. Love that the seats in the de Soto are all cracked, though :p

• @Shwoo said: Film noir narration!

Darkness and rain!

Sam upset!

Video poker!

The brain in Max's body doesn't really sound like the Geek. The tone is wrong. She sounds more like Baby Amelia Earhart, but I hope it's Sammun-Mak.

What does Bob say before Sam says "Stop holding out on me!"? "Sam knows!"? I though he was saying "Sam, no!", but there's a definite s sound on the end of the line.

It's "Sam, No!" You might be hearing Sam saying "Stop-" after that and combining the sounds?

The brain starts off sounding like the Geek, then starts to sound a teensy bit like Amelia, but with less of her distinctive way of talking. That's how I hear it anyways.

• I do not hear anything that comes close to sounding like Baby Amelia Earhart.

Add Comment