78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ohmygod I'm loving the atmosphere of this trailer. That smooth sax in the background, film noir narration...and damn if Sam's hardboiled, ragged voice didn't impress me. Nowlin has come miles since Season One. I especially liked the growl as he walked up to backhand that gorilla :p

I'm on the "Brain is Sammun-Mak's" wagon; the voice seemed to have a bit of an accent. It did sound a lot like The Geek's, though.

Also noting the strange lapses in Sam's...uh, "insanity"? He didn't seem to mind when Sal called Max garbage, sounded more like his normal self. I'm probably just reading into it too much.

• The "Nope" was as in, "Nope, you're right, they didn't preserve them".

I thought they kept it in some kind of box though, kept with the sarcophagus.

• @Omegabegin said: Also noting the strange lapses in Sam's...uh, "insanity"? He didn't seem to mind when Sal called Max garbage, sounded more like his normal self. I'm probably just reading into it too much.

He doesn't need to be angry the whole time. Or sound like angry the whole time.

Appart, he always has been insane, he just leaves the menasing part to Max. Normaly.

@Omegabegin said: The "Nope" was as in, "Nope, you're right, they didn't preserve them".

Thanks.

• @GinnyN said: He doesn't need to be angry the whole time. Or sound like angry the whole time.

Appart, he always has been insane, he just leaves the menasing part to Max. Normaly.

I suppose you're right. I just thought it was weird that Sal outright called Max's body "garbage", and Sam didn't seem to mind it at all. His berserk button seems rather choosy ;)

• @Omegabegin said: I suppose you're right. I just thought it was weird that Sal outright called Max's body "garbage", and Sam didn't seem to mind it at all. His berserk button seems rather choosy ;)

It's look to me that he really mind it. I'm pretty sure that was his surprise face after all.

• @GinnyN said: It's look to me that he really mind it. I'm pretty sure that was his surprise face after all.

I thought he would get angry or something, maybe? I guess the reaction seemed too 'normal' to me when the whole trailer showed him snarling and slapping people who hadn't even done anything wrong yet, let alone insult his dead little buddy.

In either case, I'm still fairly sure it's not anything worth noting anyway.

• YES! This! Perfect! (Hmm ... I was sure I had something more articulate lined up for this a few minutes ago. Oh well.)

Seriously, anticipation has risen to fever-pitch levels on this end. Just one more week ...

Oh, and FWIW, I also thought the brain's voice belonged to a girl at first (Baby Amelia was the immediate culprit who came to mind, but I knew the voice was off). Now I would be surprised if it belonged to anyone other than Sammun-Mak. The only thing throwing me off -- and I could be misremembering this -- is that I thought Sammun-Mak managed to reach at least teenagehood before dying, judging by the paintings in the tomb.

@GinnyN said: It's look to me that he really mind it. I'm pretty sure that was his surprise face after all.

Yeah, and we're probably missing some important context here. For example, Sam might only be talking to Sal because he's an obstacle standing in the way of what Sam's looking for in the museum, not because he's interrogating him. That alone could change the tone of the conversation.

• I'm listening to the voice of Max's new brain and it sounds to me more like one of Santa's elves. The one that was possessed by the Shambling Corporate Presence in 201. Definitely doesn't sound like The Geek, though.

So, yeah, I'm split betweek the Sammun-Mak theory and my own Santa's Elf theory.

Also, I have the feeling that the Rhinoplasty is going to play a big part in this episode. Did anyone else notice it sitting on the Narrator's desk?

• @ Nagaoka

He says "Stop holding out on me!" This was a fantastic trailer. I absolutely loved the "Noooooooo!!" And of course Sam slapping people around. It reminds me of something he says in his sleep in the story Surfin' the Highway. It's something like "zzz... slap you silly, you cheap punk... zzz". Looks like Sam isn't averse to hitting people in comic canon either.

• Am I the only one that noticed that it's advertising that 303 will be out on "Weds, June 22"? June 22 is a Tuesday...

Add Comment