User Avatar Image

Sal's Voice Actor Appreciation Thread

posted by The Highway on - last edited - Viewed by 625 users

It's so... enchanting. It reminds me of someone...

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dude, this appreciation thread thing is starting to border on troll behavior. Granted, you've only created six out of the 52 appreciation threads, so it's more of a group troll behavior, but still...you're not helping things...

Besides, Sal only had one line in the trailer, so this thread is waaaaaaay premature anyway.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Dude, this appreciation thread thing is starting to border on troll behavior. Granted, you've only created six out of the 52 appreciation threads, so it's more of a group troll behavior, but still...you're not helping things...

Besides, Sal only had one line in the trailer, so this thread is waaaaaaay premature anyway.

But in the game he has many lines! And they all sound awesome!

Anyway, these threads aren't trolling. They are a way for people to say, "I liked this, who else did?".

• At least it's for an actor rather than a mustache this time. And he does sound really great. Disturbingly so.

Edit: Oh yeah, you did get a review copy, didn't you? Should you really talk about that so openly on the forums though?

• Yeah, I forgot about your press copy. Us normal folk just barely got a trailer today. We won't be seeing the game for another week. Way to rub it in our faces, jerk.

I still stand by what I said about appreciation threads, though. The last one was about a running gag, and not only has that joke died through repetition, but the thread even got itself locked because there wasn't enough to say about the original topic.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Yeah, I forgot about your press copy. Us normal folk just barely got a trailer today. We won't be seeing the game for another week. Way to rub it in our faces, jerk.

I still stand by what I said about appreciation threads, though. The last one was about a running gag, and not only has that joke died through repetition, but the thread even got itself locked because there wasn't enough to say about the original topic.

The week is worth it.

• There you go, rubbing it in our faces again! Sheesh! As if the waiting wasn't hard enough! I don't think we can be friends anymore.

• In Hayden's defense, those of us who posted in that thread are also culpable for its lock. Maybe he shouldn't have started it in the first place, but the rest of us didn't help much either :( Too many ridiculous threads do clutter up the forum, but I also think Sal is shaping up to be a really interesting character. Why don't we agree to keep this thread "quiet" until after the episode comes out so everyone can truly participate in it if they want?

• Seems to me it got locked because people were changing the subject instead of just letting it die when there was nothing more to say about it.

And appreciation threads are fine if people would actually discuss the subject of the thread instead of just saying that they appreciate them. The joke of creating an appreciation thread for something trivial is really overplayed as well.

I'm going to wait until I hear Sal say more than one line before I say anything about his voice.

• Some of the appreciation threads are fine. The ones that are actual appreciation threads. Some are just stupid, and obviously were just created for the fun of coming up with a weird appreciation thread. These are spam in my opinion, and we should let them die.

This here thread though seems to be appropriate. We've had threads about characters' voices before, just because it has the word "appreciation" in it doesn't mean it's automatically spam.

Personally, I can't say I particularly care about Sal's voice. I mean... I read people commenting on it but I don't find anything special about it. Going with another trailer released today, I much prefer Nelson Tethers's voice, for instance.

• We aren't supposed to even mention we have the review copy, I believe, Highway. I'm really starting to hate half the people on this danged forum.

Add Comment