User Avatar Image

Voice Acting?

posted by diewernerbrueder on - last edited - Viewed by 673 users

Will there be any voice acting in the game? There doesn't seem to be any in the Grickle videos and the shots we have seen so far from the game doesn't seem to have any audible speech. I will probably still get it even if it doesn't have, but I'd just like to know for sure.

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, and contrary to my opinion before it does seem to fit in the Grickle world.

Proved wrong again... when will it end...

• Hmm, i don't like the voice in the trailer of the protagonist, too high and positive.

I would prefer no voice acting at all, beside of some noises, or at least a deeper and darker mood but maybe the voice only exists in the trailer but there it feels rather displaced, at least in a way i understand Grickle.

• Too high and positive? We do not know what kind of character he will be yet so I think saying the voice doesn't fit is a little premature.

• Yes, too high and positive, the accentuation makes it sound so normal, so usual, it just doesn't fit to the special mood i for instance get out of the Grickle videos.

• I get the idea that he'll be a nice guy who we won't want to see bad things happen to, but will happen to him anyway. Grickle's videos have always given me an ordinary person put into horrible situations vibe. that's part of the hilarity of it to me.

• I like the desillusioned, melancholic, paranoid and weird part of Grickle which plays a certain string inside me and which i'm missing with this interpretation.

• User Avatar Image
    Shauntron Telltale Staff

@taumel said: Yes, too high and positive, the accentuation makes it sound so normal, so usual, it just doesn't fit to the special mood i for instance get out of the Grickle videos.

I mildly had this concern when pulling those voice lines from the game in order to use them in the trailer, because he doesn't really sound like Nelson is narrating a trailer and they're from different more conversational contexts. Nelson is definitely the most normal guy though, there's plenty of "strange" to go around in this game!

• The voice acting seems absolutely excellent in this game. I'm far more satisfied with the voice clips in this trailer than most other Telltale Episodes. I was skeptical about voices for this game, I am no longer.

• @Shauntron said: I mildly had this concern when pulling those voice lines from the game in order to use them in the trailer, because he doesn't really sound like Nelson is narrating a trailer and they're from different more conversational contexts. Nelson is definitely the most normal guy though, there's plenty of "strange" to go around in this game!

Thanks for the explanation. Let's wait how it turns out in the game but from the trailer i would have prefered if either it would have been a game without any speech, beside of screams, sighs and such in order for leaving room for your imagination or if Nelson would have a different and more grown up voice who also accentuates different and is slighty more depressed and such...

Add Comment