52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Peri drove me crazy. And then Mel came along, and I was like FINALLY, a new companion who won't be as bad! And then she opened her mouth . . .

  • I was quite pleased when the Sixth Doctor attempted to strangle Peri. Though, to be fair, she was much better in The Stranger as Miss Brown.

  • @Alcoremortis said: I was quite pleased when the Sixth Doctor attempted to strangle Peri. Though, to be fair, she was much better in The Stranger as Miss Brown.

    Hey now, she had her highlights.

    Nicola%20Bryant.jpg

    :D

  • Now if only she had a bearable personality . . .

    Speaking of which, this pole confirms the one thing I was wondering about-- there ARE people out there who liked Rose Tyler. Personally I thought she was irritating and I struggled to understand the appeal. I know some people like her, but she seemed impulsive, selfish, and frankly not all that smart-- although that last one maybe more to delivery style than the actual written lines.

    Not to get all you Rose fans riled up, but for the purpose of understanding her appeal, can someone explain this to me? I don't understand what it was about her that people liked so much. Perhaps I'm just looking at the matter the wrong way.

  • @Nimeni said: Now if only she had a bearable personality . . .

    Speaking of which, this pole confirms the one thing I was wondering about-- there ARE people out there who liked Rose Tyler. Personally I thought she was irritating and I struggled to understand the appeal. I know some people like her, but she seemed impulsive, selfish, and frankly not all that smart-- although that last one maybe more to delivery style than the actual written lines.

    Not to get all you Rose fans riled up, but for the purpose of understanding her appeal, can someone explain this to me? I don't understand what it was about her that people liked so much. Perhaps I'm just looking at the matter the wrong way.

    I think she was funny down to earth she was sassy and smart in diffrent ways then just book smart and I was really intrested in the love relationship between them it was much better then the marther unrquated love one not hateing on her though.

  • @Nimeni said: Now if only she had a bearable personality . . .

    Speaking of which, this pole confirms the one thing I was wondering about-- there ARE people out there who liked Rose Tyler. Personally I thought she was irritating and I struggled to understand the appeal. I know some people like her, but she seemed impulsive, selfish, and frankly not all that smart-- although that last one maybe more to delivery style than the actual written lines.

    Not to get all you Rose fans riled up, but for the purpose of understanding her appeal, can someone explain this to me? I don't understand what it was about her that people liked so much. Perhaps I'm just looking at the matter the wrong way.

    I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm going to do so here.

    Billie Piper as Rose was actually quite a likeable character when she was paired with Christopher Eccleston. The two had excellent chemistry, and it felt more like a father-daughter team then anything else. It was very natural, and the two really did seem to care about each other, which made it very easy to like both her and him.

    But when she was paired with David Tennant, that relationship changed. No longer did they seem to actually have feelings for each other. Now they just felt like a pair of schoolgirls, messing around and trying to piss off the teachers with their wacky antics. I'm surprised they didn't try to sneak off and have a ciggy behind the bike shed. And that's when Rose stopped being likeable. Because she stopped having a loving relationship with the Doctor and started being his screechy, irritating mate who kept egging him on and getting him into trouble.

    And don't even get me started on how useless she was in The Stolen Earth. Seriously, she does nothing except get the Doctor shot.*

    *...alright, she saves Wilf as well, but I like to think he could have gotten out of that himself if she hadn't shown up.

  • @Darth Marsden said: Hey now, she had her highlights.

    Nicola%20Bryant.jpg

    :D

    I'm a girl, and thus immune to these...highlights...:p

  • This one any better?

    David_Tennant_2_by_reignoffire86.jpg

    ...yes, I know it's fake, but it's not for me, so whatever.

Add Comment