User Avatar Image

The Telltale Praising Thread

posted by Avistew on - last edited - Viewed by 535 users

In the interest of balance, and because obviously, people don't speak up as much when they're happy, I have decided to start a praising thread to "complete" the complaining one. The point it to show that while we might complain a lot we're still happy in the whole (at least I am) and think you rock (at least I do). Anyone there, feel free to quote anything from my list you agree with and to add your own. If you totally disagree with something and want to complain about it, I suggest you do that in the complaining thread instead :p
These things are listed in no particular order.

You give great support and allow people to get refunds with no questions asked
You regularly give out coupons
One of your game is ALWAYS free
You're present on the forums (if less so than before) and answer our questions about your games
You're present on the forums and participate in threads that have nothing to do with anything
You fix mistakes that are pointed out to you
The voice acting is amazing
The music is amazing
You work super-hard. This includes all possible ways to do overtime, as well as really trying to go the extra mile for the community
You care. A lot.
You reference things from the forum/blog/twitter in the games
You let us complain
You let me be incredibly appropriate, including but not limited to:
- displaying my anatomy
- creepy acts of stalking
- seduction attempts
All of the employees have replied to PMs I sent them
You liked the plushes enough to display them. Awwww.
You're not satisfied, you're always trying to improve, to take on bigger challenges, to give us the best
Your games aren't expensive (comparatively)
You provide several versions for the price of one
You keep trying to find ways to give us cool stuff on top of "just" the games

Mmh, kay, that's about it from the top of my head. I'm sure I'm forgetting lots.

EDIT: BY THE WAY! I find it ironical that I pretty much avoided calling it the "Telltale Appreciation Thread" when it would have fit so well. It wasn't on purpose, I just realised after the fact. Oh well. We appreciate all the work ad effort you put in guys! Seriously, we do!

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I agree with 100% of everything you stated plus many more :D Not only are the games amazing, but so are the brains and labor behind it. Not to mention that this site is where I got the best customer service I have ever received. How many other companies are kind enough to refund shipping rates due to a slight misunderstanding? As far as I'm concerned, not very many.

and now for the more mushy part
    I discovered Sam and Max back when "Beyond Time and Space" first came out. A mere stroke of curiosity on Gametap landed me not only here and in Purcell's zany universe, but also into a new perspective of life. When I first played the games, I was going through a rather rough time, one that I won't speak of on here. But needless to say, the humor caught me off guard and it really helped me get through the hardships. Not only that, it also helped ignite the prospect of how I needed to enjoy life more. To not take myself so seriously and to basically take the lemons life throws at me and made lemonade while chuckling like an evil manic. I'm a much happier person today thanks to that idea.

So thank you, Telltale, for introducing me to Sam and Max. For all your hard work and dedication to your fans. You are amazing :)

<3

We need a heart icon :p

• Yes, we love you because:

You are the reference for camera movements in adventures
    You estabilished an high quality level for animation of characters in adventures
    You proved to have some of the best snappy dialogues in games
    You have an important focus on the stories
    You gave us a Monkey Island game!
    You have a perfect monthly schedule
    You created a successful episodic marketing
    You have technical touches like focus, lipsynch, bump mapping, etc.
    You made us laugh a lot
    You gave us such amazing cliffhangers
    You are patient with forum users
    You are as CREATIVE as no one else can be
    You always catch the mood of what you are creating
    You respect IPs (calling Gilbert, Aardman, etc)
    You give us Mac & PC verison at the same time
    You give us wonderful concept art
    You have a nice site with a costant updated blog
    You created the Telltale Heart Project
    You entertain us with external things (like TT Tuesdays or Treasure Hunt)
    You made me buy my first (and only) Prepaid Card just for your games.
    And because you..... ARE THE GREATEST ADVENTURE COMPANY SINCE LUCASARTS!!!!! And you know that your name will be joined together to the greatest adventure company ever made... Sierra, Lucasarts and Telltale... That's something many company wants to achieve, but you only were capable of.

Thank you Telltale!!!!!:)

• The greatest thing is to read people everywhere in forums or articles talking about the new "Back to the Future" game: everyone is saying something like "If any other software house would do it, I would be scared they could ruin the saga; but Telltale is the only one I trust and that can create a terrific game".

Chapeau! :D

• @Bloody Eugene said: The greatest thing is to read people everywhere in forums or articles talking about the new "Back to the Future" game: everyone is saying something like "If any other software house would do it, I would be scared they could ruin the saga; but Telltale is the only one I trust and that can create a terrific game".

Chapeau! :D

Incidentally, I agree with that. I think if someone makes that game, I'm glad it's you. On the other hand I guess I wish you were working on other stuff instead and that makes me grumpy >.>
    But I have all faith that the Back to the Future games you'll make will be the best that could ever exist. It's just that I'd be more than willing to take lesser quality BttF games made by someone else if it meant you were creating your whole world/universe in a brand new story instead.

• Thanks to TellTale I've been introduced into the world of Adventure games and I have to say I'm so glad that I have been, I feel like I've missed out and now I'm trying to catch up as much as I can. Thank ya TellTale!

• @SillyStell said: Thanks to TellTale I've been introduced into the world of Adventure games and I have to say I'm so glad that I have been, I feel like I've missed out and now I'm trying to catch up as much as I can. Thank ya TellTale!

I second that as well! :)

• I agree with everything that has been said and much more. Telltale is my favorite company right now, and their games keep getting better. It ressurrected Monkey Island and Sam and Max, made great Wallace and Gromit and Strong Bad games, and I know Puzzle Agent, Jurassic Park and Back to the Future will be excelent too, because Telltale is making them and they always make the best games they can.
    Thank you for all of this and much more, Telltale!

• Telltale is brilliant, there's no doubt about it! :D

• Fame:
    I praise TTG for their technical brilliance in adventure games. A lot of stuff has this invisible feels good quality which most other adventure game developers are lacking and makes them in comparison looks like amateurs. I also praise them for their digital downloads and fair crossplatform releases, at least on computers, and a last praise for their fine customer support and comfy forum.

Blame:
    I blame them for not delivering excellent and more complex adventures which i believe they would be able to, if they just would target it. I blame them for ditching point&click and last but not least i blame them for doing no originally/sf adventure so far.

• This is a good topic. I'll add "Tim Curry being in Jurassic Park" and "making a Futurama game" to the list of reasons I praise Telltale when they fulfill my wishes.

Add Comment