User Avatar Image

Sam & Max's Relationship

posted by Player_2 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

There's kind of an interesting dynamic between the two of them.

I'm not saying that Steve was intentionally going for anything deeper than just creating a funny story based on a dog and a rabbit who fight crime; but hardcore fans like myself can't help but obsess over our favourite characters, analyzing their psychological profiles and whatnot. (I like the word whatnot.)

So, discuss and share your insights.

156 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think they have the same relationship brothers have with each other....

• Or good lifelong friends. See also: Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz. It seems funny and it is, but it's not.

• You must remember though while in the animated series, they were brothers I think(I remember they talked about buring their dads [line]briefcase[/line] beaver and burying it in the back yard.

• sam and Max are not like that and besides, max likes girls(play 204)

• @jaden551 said: sam and Max are not like that and besides, max likes girls(play 204)

Nobody said anything like that yet! Besides that, I always thought of them both as asexual, with an occasional interest in girls.

• @jaden551 said: sam and Max are not like that and besides, max likes girls(play 204)

Max's sleazy lothario persona lasted all of the 5 minutes you needed it to advance the plot. Of course he may still like them, but not as much as in 204.

They both could have an interest in the opposite sex, but they're far too busy having fun solving random puzzles and going on wacky, outlandish adventures.

• I foot they kepi achiever in line let me elaborate sam is kept sane buy max and max is stop buy sam from doing stooped and craze waif in a limit

• @Jake said: Or good lifelong friends. See also: Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz. It seems funny and it is, but it's not.

Are you talking about "Shaun of the Dead" or Sam and Max? :confused:

@Jake said: I foot they kepi achiever in line let me elaborate sam is kept sane buy max and max is stop buy sam from doing stooped and craze waif in a limit

Translation: I feel they keep each other in line. Let me elaborate; Sam is kept sane by Max, and Max is stopped by Sam from doing stupid and crazy stuff without limits. (I think that's about right)

I think they're just both at the stage where they think girls are "icky". Sam just seems older because he likes pretending he's a growed up detective.

• no i men sam lets max Dow what he Wharton I reason ie max can be crazy if the situation is ecwell but to say friends sam lets max Dow craze and stupid flings beaus if max gets bored he gets crazier and get bored essayer making a it go rand and rand to max tries to destroy all of time and spas

This discussion has been closed.