User Avatar Image

The Tim Curry Request Thread

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 853 users

You know you want him. You know he'd be incredible in the game and he'd add a lot to the atmosphere with his incredible voice; hell, he does in everything he's in. Who else would love to see Tim Curry play a role in this? Personally I'd like to see him play an ambitious villain who ends up getting eaten; it's just his kind of role. I can't be the only one who'd like to see him in a Telltale game, and I think this is the perfect opportunity.

I know this sort of topic or idea is out of left field and even a bit crazy, (I mean you could really make this sort of topic for ANYBODY) but I dunno, what do you think?

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd like to direct you to HomestarRunner.com. Hell, for that matter, just look at Looney Tunes.

• looney toons and jurassic park are two different things jurassic park is better and deserves the best

• @sintarsis said: looney toons and jurassic park are two different things jurassic park is better and deserves the best

He's refering to that one person does all the voices, and that their voices are versatile.

• Yeah. I find this

@sintarsis said: one actor for all roles dude that would suck

to be insulting to the memory of Mel Blanc, as well as to Mike Chapman and Billy West. Hell, 90% of the characters on The Simpsons are voiced by Dan Castellaneta, Harry Shearer, and Hank Azaria. One actor does not mean one voice.

And that's not to say that any of these things are better than Jurassic Park, because there's no comparison. However, there is plenty of other things that are better than Jurassic Park, and I mean other than Halo: Reach. Yes, it's a good series, but it is not the unbeatable crowning achievement in film you make it out to be.

• @GuruGuru214 said: However, there is plenty of other things that are better than Jurassic Park, and I mean other than Halo: Reach. Yes, it's a good series, but it is not the unbeatable crowning achievement in film you make it out to be.

Yeah, like Back to the Future!

• @GuruGuru214 said: Billy West

Meh, he butchered Ren's voice after John K. was fired. And Fry sounds too much like Stimpy, which decreases my enjoyment of Futurama.

The guy's vastly overrated in my book.

• Only a single mention of brutal legend. Shame!

ALL HAIL EMPEROR DOVICULOUS! LONG LIVE THE TAINTED COIL!

• @GuruGuru214 said: Yeah. I find this

to be insulting to the memory of Mel Blanc, as well as to Mike Chapman and Billy West. Hell, 90% of the characters on The Simpsons are voiced by Dan Castellaneta, Harry Shearer, and Hank Azaria. One actor does not mean one voice.

I'm a voice actor, and I find it a little degrading.

@GuruGuru214 said:

And that's not to say that any of these things are better than Jurassic Park, because there's no comparison. However, there is plenty of other things that are better than Jurassic Park, and I mean other than Halo: Reach. Yes, it's a good series, but it is not the unbeatable crowning achievement in film you make it out to be.

Hey, hey it's my favorite movie, but I do like the book better.

• @Wapcaplet said: Meh, he butchered Ren's voice after John K. was fired. And Fry sounds too much like Stimpy, which decreases my enjoyment of Futurama.

The guy's vastly overrated in my book.

I was never allowed to watch Ren and Stimpy as a kid, so I don't have this problem at all. Anyway, he's good as Fry, but it's roles like Professor Farnsworth, Zoidberg, Zapp Branigan, and Leo Wong where he really does his best work.

Also, does his voice as the red M&M ruin candy commercials for you?

• Hey you guys didn't mention he played Pennywise the Clown in Stephen King's IT. I thought he was brilliant in that role.

I think Tim Curry could definately pull off a villain role in the JP world, he seems like he'd fit well in that universe.

Add Comment