36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ahhhh this looks so good, can't wait! You most definitely have a winner on your hands TellTale!

• I can't wait to get my hands on the steamrelease for this one.

• Like the atmosphere, but... "inspect the fence" *clicks fence*...... "enter the hotel" *clicks hotel*

What? Does it tell you what to do every step of the way? Can that be turned off?

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

@doodinthemood said: Like the atmosphere, but... "inspect the fence" *clicks fence*...... "enter the hotel" *clicks hotel*

What? Does it tell you what to do every step of the way? Can that be turned off?

That's just part of the intro tutorial (And is still being tweaked) it certainly does NOT do that throughout the game. :)

• Man, that looks great. One question though: English isn't my native language, but is 'thru' actually a word? I always thought that was just the internet-way of writing 'through'.

The game looks great, and I love the voice acting. June can't come soon enough!

Wait...

• @MarkDarin said: That's just part of the intro tutorial (And is still being tweaked) it certainly does NOT do that throughout the game. :)

Ah cool, in which case woot :D Ahm so excited.

@MarkDarin said: Man, that looks great. One question though: English isn't my native language, but is 'thru' actually a word? I always thought that was just the internet-way of writing 'through'.

The game looks great, and I love the voice acting. June can't come soon enough!

Wait...

thru is just a slangy way of writing through, actually more common now in things like "drive thru"

• @Tjibbbe said: Man, that looks great. One question though: English isn't my native language, but is 'thru' actually a word? I always thought that was just the internet-way of writing 'through'.

It's one of these text message-like things that pops up here and there in the US. You'll also see stuff like "Ped Xing" for "Pedestrian Crossing", it's extremely weird, like living inside of a cellphone or something. And I'm pretty sure things like that appeared before cellphones were as common as they are now.

• @MarkDarin said: That's just part of the intro tutorial (And is still being tweaked) it certainly does NOT do that throughout the game. :)

Yea thats what I thought that was, i wouldnt expect that to be throughout the game.

• @Avistew said: It's one of these text message-like things that pops up here and there in the US. You'll also see stuff like "Ped Xing" for "Pedestrian Crossing", it's extremely weird, like living inside of a cellphone or something. And I'm pretty sure things like that appeared before cellphones were as common as they are now.

Ped Xing is more a case of truncating a word so as to fit it onto a street sign. Writing "thru" is similar in that drive thru signs want to have the text be big as possible so that you can see it from the highway, and because it's "cooler" ... or something.

It might just be a misspelling in the demo, though. You know how TTG says they work on the games right up to the minute they're released? Turns out they kind of mean it.

• User Avatar Image
    MRN

This looks awesome, make a release date already!!!

Add Comment