User Avatar Image

Just ordered the Animated Series.

posted by Ezny on - last edited - Viewed by 228 users

Finished the comic, and just wanted more Sam & Max. I love cartoons in general so I figured why not. Even if it's bad I won't care, I'll still enjoy it, but from what I've heard some of it is pretty good.

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • LOL yeah now is a bad time to be ordering stuff. :D

    But hey, might as well, no point in waiting till the ToMI debauchery is over. :)

    I'm still waiting for things to cool down before I order the MI T-shirt, only because my nerves are shot from waiting for mutliple things.

    I was really surprised when it [the series] shipped Tuesday and showed up Friday [yesterday]. Lucky on my part I suppose. I think the sticker is really cool by the way, but I'm afarid to take the backing off. I might never unless I find a perfect place to stick it.

  • Good job. I got the cartoon series and I play it on my I-touch alot when I am bored :]

  • I think it's actually pretty good. Anyone who has anything bad to say about it is most likely just being a pessimist. I mean, the geek barely shows up at all and when she does it's pretty brief, so no big deal really. If there were anything to complain about it would be the pixel-y bits of animation now and then, but oh well the technology was still new at the time so it's not really their fault, even some early episodes of Spongebob have this same problem... whaddya gonna do...

    So far my favorite episodes are: The Thing That Wouldn't Stop It, A Glitch in Time, & The Glazed Mcguffin Affair! I haven't finished disc 2 yet though, will do that tonight most likely.


    Also I thought of this last night: Sam & Max's full names both end with an 'EL' sound. [Samuel & Maxwell] Kind of a funny co-incidence.

    [remember it's not Sameth & Maximus those were different beings entirely.]

  • @Catfish33 said: I think it's actually pretty good. Anyone who has anything bad to say about it is most likely just being a pessimist.


    The corniness honestly detracts from my enjoyment of the show and occasionally makes me cringe. I still like it a lot, though.

    A Glitch in Time
    That's my favourite episode in the series, but I love time travel episodes.

    Also I thought of this last night: Sam & Max's full names both end with an 'EL' sound. [Samuel & Maxwell] Kind of a funny co-incidence.
    Is Sam's name ever given as Samuel in the cartoon? I don't remember.

    I mean, the geek barely shows up at all and when she does it's pretty brief, so no big deal really.
    She has a big part in Sam & Max vs. the Uglions. The name's pretty misleading, in fact.

  • @Catfish33 said: Anyone who has anything bad to say about it is most likely just being a pessimist.



    Pessimist or not, I think the animated series show a rather watered down aspect of Sam and Max. I understand the why, but I still don't like them nearly as much as the comics or the games.

  • @Shwoo said: The corniness honestly detracts from my enjoyment of the show and occasionally makes me cringe. I still like it a lot, though.


    I understand but it's 'FOX Kids!' circa 1997 so it is what it is.

    @Shwoo said: Is Sam's name ever given as Samuel in the cartoon? I don't remember.
    No, but I'm just assuming. I mean, what else could Sam be short for? It's not like it's gonna be Sammeth. He is American after all. I'm not suggesting this is official canon or anything.

    She has a big part in Sam & Max vs. the Uglions. The name's pretty misleading, in fact.

    Yeah I hadn't seen that one yet, oh well, big deal. It didn't ruin the series for me.

    @Shwoo said: Pessimist or not, I think the animated series show a rather watered down aspect of Sam and Max. I understand the why, but I still don't like them nearly as much as the comics or the games.

    Honestly, I didn't think it was really that watered down. Were the comics and games really that much edgier?

  • @Catfish33 said: No, but I'm just assuming. I mean, what else could Sam be short for?



    It doesn't have to be short for anything, you know. His name might just be Sam.

  • @Avistew said: It doesn't have to be short for anything, you know. His name might just be Sam.



    Of course. But usually someone doesn't put a nickname on a birth certificate.

  • @Catfish33 said: Of course. But usually someone doesn't put a nickname on a birth certificate.



    I know lots of people called Max or Alex or stuff like that without it being short for anything. It's not their nickname. It's their name. While "Sam" might be short for something, it might not be, and adding stuff to the end of it because you think it's not enough of a name (or something) isn't necessarily such a good idea.

  • @Avistew said: I know lots of people called Max or Alex or stuff like that without it being short for anything. It's not their nickname. It's their name. While "Sam" might be short for something, it might not be, and adding stuff to the end of it because you think it's not enough of a name (or something) isn't necessarily such a good idea.



    Well in my own little fantasy world it's fine. Like I said, I'm not suggesting this should be official canon.

    I don't see how it's not 'such a good idea.' [??] Seriously, if I want to speculate on what Sam's full name might be if I think maybe he has one, I don't see why that would be a problem.

    Maybe it is just Sam and that's it, or maybe it isn't. Like you said.

    Why do you guys have to debate every little thing? It's seriously annoying and kills so much creativity on these forums.

    You know you can disagree with something and keep it to yourself. If I commented on everything on these forums I disagreed with It would be seriously annoying.

Add Comment