User Avatar Image

The Tim Curry Request Thread

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

You know you want him. You know he'd be incredible in the game and he'd add a lot to the atmosphere with his incredible voice; hell, he does in everything he's in. Who else would love to see Tim Curry play a role in this? Personally I'd like to see him play an ambitious villain who ends up getting eaten; it's just his kind of role. I can't be the only one who'd like to see him in a Telltale game, and I think this is the perfect opportunity.

I know this sort of topic or idea is out of left field and even a bit crazy, (I mean you could really make this sort of topic for ANYBODY) but I dunno, what do you think?

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I also thought, villain wise, he was the best part of the Shadow too, in his brief screentime in that movie.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I was never allowed to watch Ren and Stimpy as a kid, so I don't have this problem at all. Anyway, he's good as Fry, but it's roles like Professor Farnsworth, Zoidberg, Zapp Branigan, and Leo Wong where he really does his best work.

Here's the thing that annoys me the most -- he obviously has a great deal of talent, but I can't think of a character he voices that sounds right. For example, I think Phil Hartman, the original choice for Zapp Brannigan, would have been great (Matt Groening said his audition "just nailed it."). West's interpretation just doesn't do it for me.

I think Billy West is the #1 reason I'm not a big Futurama fan.

@GuruGuru214 said: Also, does his voice as the red M&M ruin candy commercials for you?

Yes.

I'm serious. West's version is a pale imitation of Jon Lovitz, the original Red M&M.

Plus I forgot to include Doug Funny in West's pantheon of sound-alike characters.

• The only reason that Phil Hartman didn't voice Brannigan is because he died. I feel that West did a great job not only providing an appropriate voice to the character, but also paying tribute to Phil Hartman.

• Tim Curry would be great but then I'd happily have him in any of Telltale's series.

Viva la Curry

• User Avatar Image
    bubbledncr Telltale Staff

Tim Curry was also Arl Howe in Dragon Age. Played through that game 3 times and didn't realize it till I watched a documentary on the voice actors....

• Yes... Tim Curry! Arl Rendon Howe and Gabriel Knight! Especially that season finale of Criminal Minds...

Here is a formula:

Anything + Tim Curry = Badass.

• Having Tim Curry being a Character in Jurassic Park would be gold. Tim Curry was also in the first episode of Darkwing Duck.

• @StealthWalker said: Having Tim Curry being a Character in Jurassic Park would be gold. Tim Curry was also in the first episode of Darkwing Duck.

The only thing better than having Tim Curry in a Jurassic Park video game would be having Tim Curry as the player character in a Jurassic Park video game.

• I think we've found a crowd-pleaser...

... the customer's always right? *flinches* :p

• @G.byrne said: The only thing better than having Tim Curry in a Jurassic Park video game would be having Tim Curry as the player character in a Jurassic Park video game.

Oh my, YEESSSSS! Good God; a generally Gabrieleque, genuinely greatly given gift.

Make it so.

Add Comment