User Avatar Image

Have episodes 2 & 3 been delayed on the iPad?

posted by G.byrne on - last edited - Viewed by 478 users

Not sure if they have been delayed or whether the whole series on the platform has been abandoned. There isn't very much talk on the subject, I did a few forum searches, but I don't see anything tangible on the subject. Any word from anybody on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

--I did see talk about a Wallace and Gromit game and a Puzzle detective game (which both look awesome by the way).

I just finished episode one, it had some minor hitches now and then (it could probably use an update), but overall, it was an awesome game. The iPad has the potential to be a great platform for games such as this.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've been wondering that too. I don't have an iPad but found the lack of discussion regarding it odd. I'm wondering if it's been abandoned as a viable format for Telltale.

• That's a terrible shame if it's true. Even with it's bugs, I really enjoyed it.

• @guitarsareboring said: I'm wondering if it's been abandoned as a viable format for Telltale.

Puzzle Agent is being released for iPad, so no, it hasn't been abandoned as a viable format for Telltale. The worst possible scenario would be that it's been put aside for Sam and Max... And really we don't know much about that to really speculate.

If there were a lot of bugs and glitches in the first episode, it's possible they're trying to sort them out first.

• @Avistew said: Puzzle Agent is being released for iPad, so no, it hasn't been abandoned as a viable format for Telltale. The worst possible scenario would be that it's been put aside for Sam and Max... And really we don't know much about that to really speculate.

If there were a lot of bugs and glitches in the first episode, it's possible they're trying to sort them out first.

That's the name of the other game: Puzzle Agent. That looks awesome!

The bugs for the game included general choppiness, a rare crash and an occasional (VERY occasional) static sound through the speakers which lasts about 2-3 seconds.

I was still able go play through the entire game. Which is more than can be said if I didn't own an iPad. My computer is a first generation MacBook which doesn't meet the specs to play it... And I own an Xbox not a PS3.

Having said that, the story for the Devil's Playhouse was top notch. A real step up from the previous episodes, which were already excellent.

• I'm fairly certain they are just putting off the iPad ports until they have a more stable version of their engine running on the iPad, since the first episode was very very rushed to hit the launch date.

• @Pale Man said: I'm fairly certain they are just putting off the iPad ports until they have a more stable version of their engine running on the iPad, since the first episode was very very rushed to hit the launch date.

Not to be pedantic or anything, but isn't it called a "build" rather than a "port"? Or are they the same?

I agree with you though.

• @Avistew said: Not to be pedantic or anything, but isn't it called a "build" rather than a "port"? Or are they the same?

I agree with you though.

Since the base platform is PC, anything else is considered a port of the original.

• @Pale Man said: I'm fairly certain they are just putting off the iPad ports until they have a more stable version of their engine running on the iPad, since the first episode was very very rushed to hit the launch date.

Well that's what you get for making a game for limited hardware that has not been released yet.

• @Avistew said: Not to be pedantic or anything, but isn't it called a "build" rather than a "port"? Or are they the same?

I agree with you though.

A "build" is any compiled and playable version of a game, no matter what platform (PC or console, it doesn't matter).

A "port" is a version of a game for one platform, where the game itself was originally designed for another platform. Often, ports are released well after the original game comes out.

In this case, the Sam and Max iPad version is definitely a build of the game. But it would also be a port, since it wasn't originally made for the iPad, rather transferred to that system after the initial release.

• @ATMachine said: A "build" is any compiled and playable version of a game, no matter what platform (PC or console, it doesn't matter).

A "port" is a version of a game for one platform, where the game itself was originally designed for another platform. Often, ports are released well after the original game comes out.

In this case, the Sam and Max iPad version is definitely a build of the game. But it would also be a port, since it wasn't originally made for the iPad, rather transferred to that system after the initial release.

It was released on iPad first.:p

Add Comment