User Avatar Image

What is You Favourite Monkey Island Chapter? (Chapter, not game)

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 514 users

The 'what is your favourite MI game?' threads have been done to death, so I thought I'd go a little deeper and ask people what their favourite Monkey Island chapter is. With 23 in total, there is a lot of choice there, and it allows you to pick your single favourite part of all the games, and not just your favourite entire game.

The poll will be up shortly.

Edit: It's up, so get voting, people!

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Avistew said: They're listed in order and you can google them easily, so you should be able to vote anyways. Also, most of the titles are self-explanatory.
    I don't think Hayden knew all of them from memory, although I guess I could be wrong.

Don't worry, you're not wrong. I didn't know them all, they're all listed on MI wiki. Though I do know a large portion of them from memory, but not all of them. I'll make that my goal for the year :D.

Edit: Wow. I think I do actually know them all. I attempted to recite them just then and I managed to go from start to finish. I'm scared...

• I voted for "Three Sheets to the Wind." I believe my favorite part of the Monkey Island games was the ship combat (challenging mode) and insult swordfighting on the sea.

Kenny: Whoa, mister! You've just ordered the Destructomatic T-47 Carnage Delivery System with auto-loading and fax modem!

Second Place for me would be "The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood."

• Enter the Manatee easily. What? I'm not the only who voted for it? There's still hope for the world!

• Well, I'm not sure which chapter to pick. I'm caught in a tie between "The Three Trials", "Three Sheets to the Wind", "The Thief, the Barkeep, His Aunt and Her Lover", "Things to Do on Melee Island When You're Dead", and all five chapters of ToMI, but I'm gonna take a wild guess, put "Three Sheets to the Wind" in second place, and go with "The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood".

• it was close for me but my order was 1.being my fav and 6. being the last in my top 6

1.trial and execution of guybrush threepwood
    2.rise of the pirate god
    3.the journey
    4.things to do on melee island when your dead
    5.launch of the screaming narwhal

• The Thief, The Barkeep, his Aunt and her Lover.

I just love Blood Island and all the charecters there and the smuglers in Duck Skull Island.

• @Avistew said: They're listed in order and you can google them easily, so you should be able to vote anyways. Also, most of the titles are self-explanatory.
    I don't think Hayden knew all of them from memory, although I guess I could be wrong.

Well here are the ones I can name from memory (no cheating):

Part 1 - The Three Trials
    Part 2 - The Journey
    Part 3 - Beneath Monkey Island (I think)
    Last Part - Guybrush Kicks Butt
    Part 1 - The Largo Embargo
    Part 2 - The Four Pieces (Or was it The Four Map Pieces?)
    Part 3 - LeChucks Fortress
    Last Part - Dinky Island
    Part 1 - The Demise of the Zombie Pirate LeChuck
    Part 2 - The Curse Get's Worse
    Part 3 - Three Sheet's to the Wind
    Part 4 - The Bartender, His Aunt, The Thief and her Lover (No idea if this is right, this is such a long chapter title!!!)
    Part 5 - (Honestly can't remember)
    Part 6 - Guybrush Kicks Butt Once Again
    Act 1 - Things to do on Melee Island When Your Dead
    Act 2 - Enter The Manatee
    Act 3 - Escape From Monkey Island
    Act 3+ - Guybrush Kicks Unusually Large Butt
    Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
    Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay
    Chapter 3 - Liar of the Leviathan
    Chapter 4 - The Trail and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
    Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God

So I pretty much remember them all, sure I need to think about it a little bit but I remember. So it is possible that some fans just know of all of them from memory to be fair.

Oh I just added it up, lol, I know the titles of 19/23 chapters, so I don't know 4, and of those 4 I almost perfectly know 3 of them. Kiss of the Spider Monkey is the only chapter I never remember :P

• [quote]Part 4 - The Bartender, His Aunt, The Thief and her Lover (No idea if this is right, this is such a long chapter title!!!)[/quote]

Grojak, I think you mean, "The Bartender, the Thieves, His Aunt, and Her Lover".

• @Debbie82 said: Grojak, I think you mean, "The Bartender, the Thieves, His Aunt, and Her Lover".

Yeah, I said it was one of the 4 I don't know :P

• I think the order is The Thieves, the Bartender, his Aunt, and her Lover, because Minnie is Griswold's aunt, not King André's.

Add Comment