User Avatar Image

Video Game Feelies

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been thinking about various video game feelies, with so many of us awaiting the Tales deluxe edition and voodoo cards, so I thought it'd be cool to have a thread to show off everyone's collections of video game feelies. I'm including homemade items and things that aren't technically feelies but are close enough.

So here's my collection. Conveniently enough, the Monkey Island feelies are both homemade, the TF2 feelies are both close enough, and the others are actual feelies.

DSC02971.jpg

Clockwise from top:

Feast for the Senses Menu/Map: Read all about it here.

Dead Ringer: It may not be exact, but not only was this pocket watch nearly perfect for my BLU Spy costume, it was also very cheap. A win-win!

Eon Ticket (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire): This is one of the coolest concepts for a feelie. Essentially, Nintendo distributed an e-Reader card with the Eon Ticket printed on it which would unlock the corresponding item inside the game. The e-Reader may suck, and the ticket may just be a card, but being given an item for your game in the real world is awesome.

Paper Voodoo Doll: The pins have been replaced with magnetic push pins sticking it on my dry erase board.

EVE Hypo: A replica from Bioshock. Looks awesome when turned on in the dark.

Ocarina of Time: From Songbird Ocarinas. It's tiny, the holes don't match the game, and it can't even hit the corresponding note for top-C in the games (preventing me from playing Zelda's Lullaby, Epona's Song, the Minuet of Forest, the Sonata of Awakening, the New Wave Bossa Nova, the Elegy of Emptiness, the Oath to Order, and most infuratingly, the Song of Storms), but at least it's an Ocarina. Still, I'd like to get one from STL Ocarinas.

Butterfly Knife Trainer: Also for my BLU Spy costume, it's an almost perfect replica of the one in the game, but with the added bonus of being convention safe and unable to cut me (though I did do a very good job of not getting cut when using my friend's real knife).

And here's a picture of the EVE hypo lit up in the dark.

DSC02972.jpg

108 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment