User Avatar Image

They stole max's brain - Finished thread *SPOILERs*

posted by The_Hamburgaler on - last edited - Viewed by 878 users

Ok, so I did this for penal zone and forgot to do one for the tomb of sammun mak. At the time of posting, the new episode arrives in 9 minuets.

Basically, once you finished the game, come back to this thred, and we can discuss what we thought about the game. And scream about "NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO BABY JESUS CHRIST AND BABY AMELIA AIRHEART!"

Or something like that.

6 minuets. AWW DAMN!!! Here we go!

85 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Was anybody not really puzzled as to how all those Sam clones came to be there? If so, plz enlighten us mortals who mouthed "wtf?" at our screens at that moment!

• Strangely I found this episode considerably easier than the first two, clocking in at almost exactly 3,5 hours for me (with hints deactivated) while the other two took me over 4 hours to finish (with some hints).

While the first two acts were really fantastic (especially the first one - if too short), I didn't like the last act too much. Someone wrote that the visuals were blant and the puzzles too obvious (and I agree with the Mojo review criticising the fact that you have to solve two puzzles the same way: with the corndogs pyramid), and I felt the same way. The inside of the museum looked great though, and the finale was fantastic again.

However, altogether a great episode, although I still like Episode 2 the best until now.

Regarding the clones:
    I've gotta admit that there was no WTF-moment here, because weeks ago someone on the forums wrote something about an army of Sam clones, and I remembered that when the clones showed up... how the heck did he/she know? And who wrote that???

• @Laserschwert said: Regarding the clones:
    I've gotta admit that there was no WTF-moment here, because weeks ago someone on the forums wrote something about an army of Sam clones, and I remembered that when the clones showed up... how the heck did he/she know? And who wrote that???

Part of the initial promotion frenzy at the beginning of the season included a picture of (almost) all the villains lined up. Among them were 4 of the Sam clones.

• Was a good episode, it started out quite well, i must say i love the noir and the ability to do stuff to people while talking to them, they should really bring that back in the next episodes, where say sam can threaten and max could hit them and stuff like that.

But overall, its not my favorite episode. This episode also had quite alot of bugs.

The noir stuff was over to fast :( really took me back to max payne damn, The Pc markedet needs more noir story telling games.

• @RMJ1984 said:
    But overall, its not my favorite episode. This episode also had quite alot of bugs.

Really? It's a LOT less buggy than the second episode.

• Or we were all aroused. Yes, you can't deny it.

Seriously, I found Sal to be so delightful. From screenshots and general Sal suspicions flying around the forums, I was already in a mindset of detest for him, but he suprised me wonderfully.
    SO many lines that made me laugh. It's definetly in the top Sam & Max episodes where humour is concerned.
    The noir chapter, brilliant. Just wish it went a little longer =[

Add Comment