User Avatar Image

How can I ever find a woman to love when I want to live my life with open eyes?

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 517 users

I go day to day in a family that believes in several stereotypes, is easily programmed. A family that listens to music without listening to the actual lyrics. A family that says and does things without realizing what they say and how they feel effects everyone around them. They don't understand projection, and aren't considerate or even aware of how they influence and affect others.

They all pollute one another with emotions, instead of talking, we all fight, argue, get emotional over stupid things. We don't communicate, we let emotions go free. There's little understanding of how emotions radiate from one person to the next and how they change people around them.

Everyone like me is like a child, they just vent emotions into others creating undesirable emotions in the person they are venting with.They are all selfish and don't have alot of self reliance or a strong sense of individualism and pride. They don't respect others individualism, they all seek to label others and over simplify.

Is it really that much work to open up your eyes to the world and actually keep an open mind and alter what you already know? Why is it that at a certain point in life most people stop learning and stop nurturing their "tools in their brain" to learn?

Why is it that at one point most people become so sure of their selves and chose to ignore the world around them?

Subordinate and false, already finished learning, a life already finished just dragging on...

They mold people off of what that person becomes, what they think they have to be and what they are to others. They selfishly mold others into stereotypes and prohibit any real growth beyond psychological conditioning from others.

It's a vicious circle.

They are always so sure of how they read things.

For the most part everything flawed is given too much attention, and everything with potential is seen with those too many flaws. It's a vicious primitive cycle of dog eats dog.

Mostly self absorbed, worried about ego.
[quote=]
"Fear of being thought "different" or in some way unacceptable keeps many people from exploring the world that they chose to inhabit. They tend to replicate what the media shows them and will cling to an illusion of "normal" like a drowning man clings to a float. Closing ones eyes, mind and heart is less trouble, less demanding and safer than actually asking questions and exploring the answers you discover. Its part laziness, part fear and definitely a lack of curiosity, imagination and passion. It is ego-based, fear based behavior. And you're right, it is almost wholly false.
You've seen it, now you can choose NOT to fall into those kinds of ruts.
They lead nowhere.
Source(s):
Been asking questions and exploring since puberty (possibly longer)"

[/quote]

I don't get along with too many people. Only a select few people live in a real world. I'm a 22 year old male and I don't know if I'll ever find any one. As more times goes on I have more time to think to my self. I'm by far perfect but ^^^ I see a lot of people as caged animals and all I want is to find some sort of liberation, freedom to live my life happily.

77 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @eriqchang said: This is what I do when I want the world to be a little bit brighter. ;)

Especially with all those lens flares used in that movie and all, I expected nothing less from that.

• Thanks for the advice/ responses. I'm always trying to better myself. Some times I trick myself into a rut.

King of the Hill is on.

• On something I disagree with Gary on:

Dreams are things that don't come true. That's why they're called dreams. So if you have aspirations, don't dream, make them reality.

• The trick is to not expect anything from life.... take the good and the bad and make the best of each situation.... Be accountable for your own actions.... BE A GENTLEMEN.. If you like a girl ask her out on a date... if she says no do not be a creep and keep on stalking her... Move on... Always try to be happy with what you have... because trust me you will always have more than others.. If a situation seems bad, learn to realise there is a way past it and most of the time today's problems are tomorrows distant memory..

It all sounds hard and maybe its easy for me to say.. because I am happily married to a beautiful woman.... but this is how I have always felt and its worked for me.... Women like confident men ... but not ones that are pretending they can tell the difference pretty fast .... they are NOT stupid.. and you can not MAKE them like you... Like the Stones say You cant always get what you want.... and we all know the rest..

I have rambled on enough... not sure if any of that made sense or was helpful at all.

• Maybe a video game Internet forum isn't the best place to talk about women.

• @Secret Fawful said: Dreams are things that don't come true. That's why they're called dreams. So if you have aspirations, don't dream, make them reality.

beautiful.

• @[TTG said: Yare;331401']Maybe a video game Internet forum isn't the best place to talk about women.

LOL I have no clue what you are talking about I get ALL my tips from video game forums... :p

• It's as good as any other place.

My advice... Be yourself and enjoy the little things in life. Trust me, it works.

• @[TTG said: Yare;331401']Maybe a video game Internet forum isn't the best place to talk about women.

Maybe someone who already pretendbroke one pretendheart should get the pretendhell out of here with his opinion. You pretendbastard.

• @doodo! said: Is it really that much work to open up your eyes to the world and actually keep an open mind and alter what you already know? Why is it that at a certain point in life most people stop learning and stop nurturing their "tools in their brain" to learn?

So I wrote out an amazing and detailed philosophical reply and it didn't go through and I lost it. *throws a tantrum*

Um, the point I was going to make was that yes there are close-minded people in this world, for numerous reasons, mostly fear and insecurities. Just consider yourself lucky that you are aspiring to not be one of them. But don't get too philosophical that you give up on interacting with the masses. ;) You can usually get these close-minded people to open up their minds a little if approached in the right way. And if you can't, just meet new people. I think you just need to find a greater variety of people OR be more open-minded and accept those people around you, the way they are. Because I'm sure they are struggling with their own problems too.

I used to feel exactly like you did, and then I met new, more unique people, and it was a huge eye opener. That along with two really rough years made me realize what was really important in life. Most people lose themselves between the ages of 4 and 20 and don't get themselves back until they are 60, if they're lucky. You have to take control of how you live your life. Don't give in to the pressures of those around you. Explore, be curious, talk to people (who cares if they don't like you, or ignore you), don't compromise yourself to get someone to like you (it's not worth it and usually ends badly anyway).

You're only 22? You're young! You have plenty of time to meet new people, get married, etc. Be honest with those you meet and yourself, and just enjoy life, every day. It's such a waste not to. And don't miss out on something because of fear. When I make a decision that is hard, I usually think of what I will think about it when I'm 80 or something. Which decision will I regret and which one won't I. And then the answer is simple, even if it is the harder way to go.

And when it comes to dreams. If you expect your dreams to play out exactly how you have imagined them, then write a book about them. Otherwise think of them more as broad goals. And let yourself bend a little and change with the direction your life takes. Sometimes you can go in a lot of different tangents and directions, and in the end, wind up exactly where you want to be.

Well, that was most of what I wanted to say. Hope it makes sense.

Add Comment