User Avatar Image

Beyond the Alley of the Dolls Speculation Thread

posted by queen_of_the_lobsters on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

@The Narrator said: We'll have answers, of a sort, to these questions in our next chapter. Until then, my friends, sleep well.

Every phrase that the Narrator has said in the trailers to the Devil's Playhouse episodes was actually lifted from the very end of the games; All those phrases are actually teasers to the next episode. My question is, what does our enigmatic host mean by "Sleep well?" Will Sam be hit in the head with a blackjack and dragged to a laboratory (perhaps like the image in the leftmost painting in the trailer), and tied to an operating table before a mad scientist takes his DNA to develop the Sam clones? Or perhaps the Sam clones have already been developed, and are dormant in cryogenic chambers until the next episode?

It's never too early for speculation, my friends, and we'll have some more evidence to go on once Max's Brain is available online. In the meantime, let's investigate and speculate together, and see who will reach the truth first, about the Playhouse of the Bizarre...

311 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A this point Sam knows Norrington is a bad guy but Max thinks he's a good guy, I hoping for a little conflict next episode.

I think Norrington is really Yog-Soggoth.

• I'm extremely excited for this episode, simply because we know almost nothing about the characters or locations. In previous episodes, we had an idea of where we were going and who we were meeting based on concept art and the trailer. We knew the museum was going to show up, we knew we'd be going to Sammun-Mak's tomb, we knew about the characters Sal and Papierwaite, etc. But what do we know about this episode, other than that there will be Sam clones? Nothing, and that has me excited.

• I, too, think that Dr. Norrington and the Narrator are the same being. Maybe he is a transdimensional being that uses the Norrington persona to interact with Sam & Max's dimension ...

But I think the Sam clones are part of Momma Bosco's plan to reenter the physical realm.

• I don't think Norrington is the Narrator. They don't have the same voice actor.

My money's on this guy:

sammax12.gif

• Maybe the Norrington is really LeChuck and all season is a giant crossover... it would explain things like Guybrush-style dancing perfomed by Sam... nah, just kidding :P

Anyway, I'm not convinced about that dance - it should mean that in near future Sam will dance like that... but it's almost impossible... he won't be dressed like at beginning of TSMB again and in vision he did...

• @Tjibbbe said: I don't think Norrington is the Narrator. They don't have the same voice actor.

My money's on this guy:

I'm thinking it could happily fit in with canon if Mac Salmon turned out to be Mr Spatula having been granted a body by unknown powers?

• @Varrok said: Maybe the Norrington is really LeChuck and all season is a giant crossover... it would explain things like Guybrush-style dancing perfomed by Sam... nah, just kidding :P

Anyway, I'm not convinced about that dance - it should mean that in near future Sam will dance like that... but it's almost impossible... he won't be dressed like at beginning of TSMB again and in vision he did...

Hmm...

Dr. Norrington
    ->
    LeChuck Norrington
    ->
    Chuck Norris?

• Narrator and Norrington's voice are both very similiar and perhaps Norrington's voice is distorted if he's speaking through dimensions?

• @serializer said: I'm thinking it could happily fit in with canon if Salmon Mac turned out to be Mr Spatula having been granted a body by unknown powers?

But mr Spatula is dead, Ep 205 should clear that up pretty well.

I do hope it is mac salmon, it would be nice to see someone from the comics.

Add Comment