User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 3 - "They Stole Max's Brain!"

posted by ttg_Stemmle on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users

Hey, all. Mike Stemmle here.

With Episode 303 making the final turn before hitting the virtual streets, now seems like a good time for a "members only"* thread in which Joe Pinney and I open up the floor to a few questions about the episode.

What can I tell y'all about this ep? It's got:

- Sam as you've never seen him!
- Max taking charge of an investigation!
- Hot Ape-on-Cockroach action!
- More rhinoplastying than you can shake a stick at!
- Sam's surprising new partner!

Consider the floodgates open,
Mike "Finishing 304 as I Type" Stemmle

* We should have jackets!

375 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, I finished the episode, and in my opinion, it was an easy 5/5. Best episode of this season, and it's in first place for sam and max games (reality 2.0 being second), and possibly 1st best for all Telltale games, as it's kind of tied with the sbcg4ap finale.
    Overall, nice job, Telltale. Make the next games as good (or heck, better) as this one!

• It's tied with The Tomb of Sammun-Mak alright, definitely better than The Penal Zone. But I'm not that sure, since the second episode had Sameth and Maximus and more of a consistency of style in itself, yet this episode has Sal and a Noir feeling.

I also think 3rd episode has more of those 'hard' puzzles. 2nd episode only had two or three.

• Well, I am sure to write a bigger review in the official thread, but I am somewhat dissapointed.

Worst of the 3 episodes in my book. And features the easiest gameplay of all 3. Okay, SUUUURE, I unwillingly skipped some of Chapter 3 (*sigh*) but I doubt that would have made a difference since I already knew what I had to do for the third part I could no longer do...

A little bit too much dialogue puzzles, which by it's nature aren't really puzzles at all...

• I was fearing this season will be too Dark and Edgier when suddenly, Sammun Mak is grand!

I loved the WTF! feeling of the second part. Relaxed me a ton. Also, I was wondering what happened with the part of the Max directing an investigation.

But I also loved the whole Noir Style and trying to depress everyone. I hope there's a reprise of the interrogation thingie in the next or last chapter.

Good job sir! Really!

• Said this before but:
    MY FAVOURITE EPISODE FROM TELLTALE EVER!!!!!

• Is it me or Sal's voice sounds familiar.

• Loved the story and humor, but it was waayyy too easy. This has been the easiest season ever, so I hope the next episode ramps up the difficulty.

• I feel really stupid coming to these forums and discovering that everyone else is loudly declaring "TOO EASY, TOO EASY."

I mean, I've gotten stuck on 303, 302, AND 301, which most others here seem to deride as a cake walk.

• @mynoduesP said: I feel really stupid coming to these forums and discovering that everyone else is loudly declaring "TOO EASY, TOO EASY."

I mean, I've gotten stuck on 303, 302, AND 301, which most others here seem to deride as a cake walk.

Happens. They have practice. Unlike us.

Add Comment