29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1. Ah. I can see what you mean now, but I was more thinking about that along lines on the device.
    They didn't need to animate the animatronics for those to work. And yet they did. And that had no gameplay function.

I think the point it all boils down is that the museum set was awesome (albeit small), but got underutilised for the amount of work that obviously went into it.

• @Hassat Hunter said: 1. Ah. I can see what you mean now, but I was more thinking about that along lines on the device.
    They didn't need to animate the animatronics for those to work. And yet they did. And that had no gameplay function.

I think the point it all boils down is that the museum set was awesome (albeit small), but got underutilised for the amount of work that obviously went into it.

I still think it had the most gameplay function it can have in a graphic adventure game.

Yes, museum was small. But a lot of people doesn't think about the broad upper level segment where Max's brain is kept. Although this place didn't have anything to do except for some little dialouge, but it's still a place to count.

• I must admit they didn't milk the museum for all its worth. Usually big places like that get recycled (or inovated in future episodes) beyond recognition. It may make a return.

• User Avatar Image
    Psy

It's not like we're sitting around saying WELL PTOOEY ON YOUIE.

The people involved with writing and designing episodes pay attention to what people talk about liking and not liking. That's not to say that every time we see a suggestion on the forums we're going to take it immediately... Just that we can take feedback and use it wisely :)

So if you hated the episode and wish we'd never do anything like it again, feel free to say so! And if you loved the episode and want us to make them all the same way, say that too! (Most of you already are anyway >_>)

• @Falanca said: Ah, yes, you deserve an apologize. I was simply carried away because I loved the episode and the negative criticism... Yeah, I'm always childish so I couldn't handle it unlike the very creators of the game.

Your opinions are valid enough, but I was (in a rage) trying to tell you that there is still a side of the situation you haven't seen yet. Despite how rude I was, I was still trying to show you that side.

Yes, and if you ask me, it's really unfortunate for you. It's a fault in game design to make players able to actually solve the puzzle while just trying to find which does what, before trying to find a sensible order. I made a thread about it just minutes ago, pointing those out. I also think they should work on this too, because this season seems to be having too much of that kind of puzzles. And they lead to that kind of situations, so... Yeah. Sorry about that again.

No problems, I am loving this series as well, its just such a shame when puzzle solutions don't feel quite as satisfying as they should, what with everything else being so excellent! I've added to your other thread in a bit more detail and a couple more things that occurred to me since.

Add Comment