User Avatar Image

They stole max's brain - Finished thread *SPOILERs*

posted by The_Hamburgaler on - last edited - Viewed by 871 users

Ok, so I did this for penal zone and forgot to do one for the tomb of sammun mak. At the time of posting, the new episode arrives in 9 minuets.

Basically, once you finished the game, come back to this thred, and we can discuss what we thought about the game. And scream about "NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO BABY JESUS CHRIST AND BABY AMELIA AIRHEART!"

Or something like that.

6 minuets. AWW DAMN!!! Here we go!

85 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Loved this episode, but then, I love them all. :)

I agree with the person who thought the noir section might have gotten a bit tedious if it had been longer -- the writing was fantastic, but the mechanics of it lost their bloom towards the end.

One thing that stood out for me as particularly excellent this episode was the voice acting of new characters: I could happily have listened to either Sal or Sammun-Mak read the telephone book. Their voices are just very easy on the ears, and even when it became clear that Sammun-Mak was a villain, I just couldn't hate on him at all.

• The noir section made me think Phoenix Wright.

Anyway, the only section where I had a lot of trouble was in figuring out the credit card/toaster stuff. I didn't realize you could go toward the buffet table, I thought it was on the members only side!

One thing that would make this episode just a little bit more awesome would have been if, after Sam takes the "Case of the Missing Brain Screw", there would be an alternate-universe opening sequence with Sam and brain Max, and Egyptian-style job titles for all the developers.

• @Kayube said: The noir section made me think Phoenix Wright.

Anyway, the only section where I had a lot of trouble was in figuring out the credit card/toaster stuff. I didn't realize you could go toward the buffet table, I thought it was on the members only side!

One thing that would make this episode just a little bit more awesome would have been if, after Sam takes the "Case of the Missing Brain Screw", there would be an alternate-universe opening sequence with Sam and brain Max, and Egyptian-style job titles for all the developers.

That would have been an interesting addition.

• Personally, I think the logic of saying that Norrington is the Narrator because they sound similar and both enunciate to be a bit simplistic. I just don't see it. They don't sound that much alike. I don't believe the Narrator is Norrington or Yog-Soggoth.

But if you want to listen to crazy theories, this one's at least as valid.

'Norrington sounds like "no ring tone" and Stinky's cell phone mysteriously rings like an old-fashioned telephone without playing a ring tone like 99% of modern cell phones. Perhaps Norrington is Stinky's cell phone?

dun dun DUN!

I'm giving this at least as good odds as it being the narrator

• @tbm1986 said: Was anybody not really puzzled as to how all those Sam clones came to be there? If so, plz enlighten us mortals who mouthed "wtf?" at our screens at that moment!

This really feels like a tacked-on cliff-hanger, and does not have the, well, build-up of impending gloom like the ending of 302.

• isn't the point of cliffhangers to make you go "WTF just happened??? i NEED to know how this ends!". Sure it seemed pretty random, but i'm looking forward to see how it's explained

• I still can't figure out the answer of this one big question: how does Max's brain got stolen?

Obviously both Skunkape and Papierwaite are involved, but:

1) Who let Skunkape out of the Penal Zone? (Skunkape says he "was forcibly ejected", suggesting that the escape is not his own plan.)

2) We know S and P are not on the best of terms. Who convinced them to cooperate, and co-ordinate them so that they can knock out the molemen, core out Max's skull, and grab the toybox within the interval when Sam was taking a leak?

• Yay, nutty conspiracies! Besides, the cliffhangers always have a super-simple explanation. (usually) I'll bet that most of you guys are thinking too hard about this. It's probably something really stupidly simple, like the guys going to another odd reality instead of going back to theirs. (OK, maybe not stupidly simple but still...)

Add Comment