User Avatar Image

24th June and no Puzzle Agent yet

posted by oliversportfolio.com on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

So when exactly are TTG going to release this game, I mean it is already the 24th of June and there isn't even a wink of hope that this game will be released in June, like they say.

That's the problem with TTG they give us, and you will all agree, excellent games but they always keep us in pitch black darkness about release dates.

Yeah they said June but you've got to be wondering if they are going to make it or not. Only six more days to go in June and as each day passes the window does too.

A proper dating system needs to be established OR the blog needs more posts with open and honest addresses for our forum based concerns. So say you or I post something like "when is the game going to be released? Is there now a static date for release?". Then TTG should go onto their blog and submit a new post answering our questions. Or at least release FAQ details.

Who agrees??

242 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @oliversportfolio.com said: So when exactly are VALVE going to release this game, I mean it is already the 24th of June and there isn't even a wink of hope that this game will be released in June, like they say.

That's the problem with VALVE they give us, and you will all agree, excellent games but they always keep us in pitch black darkness about release dates.

Yeah they said June but you've got to be wondering if they are going to make it or not. Only six more days to go in June and as each day passes the window does too.

A proper dating system needs to be established OR the blog needs more posts with open and honest addresses for our forum based concerns. So say you or I post something like "when is the game going to be released? Is there now a static date for release?". Then VALVE should go onto their blog and submit a new post answering our questions. Or at least release FAQ details.

Who agrees??

now HERES a argument everyone can agree with

• @oliversportfolio.com said: Wasn't on about timezones dude.

Yes but it still matters
    I am patient and episodic games are excellent. The problem is total lack of any information beyond "urgh it is out in June" This = fobbing us off.

Lack of information? if they give you too much information it spoils the game and the information that doesnt spoil much they may not know yet

The "we will announce something special on the 25th" line from TTG's blog refers to their charity thing.

Most Likely

This is my point. Those of us who can't wait for the new episode would like just a bit more info. Something other than 1 trailer basically.

Try subscribing to the telltale newletter

Anyway those of you who don't care for my post you are kidding yourselves because you all know that you wnt more information about release dates and game functionality and events (not spoilers) that take place in the games we all love. So don't try to get one over on me :D

We do want to know info but we are patient and dont create forums that get no where and make you look like noobs.

coments are in the quote boxes

• I am getting a little antsy.. a simple 'we're working on it, sit tight' would tide me over.
    On the other hand, the book of grickle arrived on my doorstep this morning, so I atleast have something to make the time go faster. :)

• @adventureaddict said: we're working on it, sit tight

Yep.

Generally speaking, if we looked at the schedule and said "well there's almost no way June is going to happen," you would know about it. If we could say "yes, it is absolutely, 100% going to be finished and to our liking by X date" then we would announce the date. But weird things happen during development, especially working on an entirely untested art style, so it's better to play it safe than sorry.

I mean, we could have said "yes, it is definitely coming out on the 22nd," but then we'd either have a really unpolished game released to the public or a lot of really unhappy customers when we blew past the date.

• @SHODANFreeman said: They release things as soon as they are able to

Science.

• ...sometimes just isn't enough and on top of that some voodoo comes in handy.

Btw there doesn't exist a lot of music which deals with science like maths or physics in the lyrics. *thinking*

• @deadlinejon said: now HERES a argument everyone can agree with

The thing with VALVe isn't that they keep us in the dark about release dates, it's that they give us a date but then have to push it back.

It's kind of the opposite, really- Telltale doesn't give us a date until they know they can have it out that day, but VALVe gives us a date even though we all know they won't have it out by then. (And yes, I'm counting situations where they give us a timeframe instead of a date, then push that back (i.e. Portal 2).)

• Cool a new fun IPad puzzle while I wait for S&M series to be updated.

• @LeChucksRingHole said: Cool a new fun IPad puzzle while I wait for S&M series to be updated.

You may have to wait quite some time... Of course, all good things...

• The next S&M episode is out next month, so he won't have to wait that long.

Add Comment