User Avatar Image

Telltale keeps lying about shipping!!!Order #600058726155189

posted by pitu20 on - last edited - Viewed by 376 users

I'm really dissapointed! I placed the order on April 1st and haven't received my Monkey Island DVD!

A person called Bonnie always replies saying they are sending it but it never gets sent! This is absurd! And now she doesn't even answer anymore! Total lack of respect!:mad:

On June 2nd she sent me an email telling me the DVD was sent but the info I get from the "tracking number" since then is:

Label/Receipt Number: LN04 6746 235U S
Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 3, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

So the truth is that Telltale hasn't sent anything to the mail cause the info hasn't changed. If I knew I'd be treated like trash, I would NEVER HAVER BOUGHT THIS DVD! I have been robbed and cannot do a thing about it!:mad:

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Thespis said:
    And, before you say that TTG should stop using USPS, they have contracts with the company that actually sends out the merchandise and that company is who chooses how to ship things. Changing contracts is probably not an easy process and there are penalties for breaking them.

I'm not gonna say that!:p Still, what I want TTG to undestand is that they have conduced and are still conducing the whole process poorly. Just look by the number of complaints. That's all I want. TTG to be transparent with its customers.

I for one, will not order anymore merchandise from them... if there are any more Monkey Islang games, I will purchase them via website like I did to this one and that will be it! No more DVDs. And that only because I love MI games!

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

The main problem if Telltale stopped using USPS would be that shipping costs would shoot up sky high (the other two current possibilities for shipping the DVD to Brazil come to over $80 and that's even less than what a person dropping off a package at a FedEx location would have to pay!).
    Another possibility that is currently not available in the Telltale Store would be UPS but their prices are very similar to FedEx.
    While USPS' tracking might not be ideal, it is still the most reasonable way to ship anything internationally, so I doubt that Telltale would give them up altogether.
    As far as transparency, I think that Telltale is doing a decent job of giving us estimates and keeping us posted when they are not always able to keep to those estimates.
    It is certain that the demand for the TOMI DVD was much higher than for any DVD released by Telltale in the past (and probably surpassed Telltale's biggest expectations), therefore necessitating the manufacture of more DVD's (and additional merchandise), which took more time than expected.
    I understand people's frustration (although remember, you can always play the downloadable versions to pass the time, just sayin'! ;)) but you (we) shouldn't have to wait much longer.

• Im unfortunately in the same boat - mine was "shipped" to the UK on the 8th June and after tracking my order i get the following

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 9, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later"

Im still waiting for it and tbh i think $16 is quite a bit for shipping which is taking as long as this

• I already recieved my order and the tracking site still says the same. So no panic.

• Well... will have to pray it arrives some day....

• I thought I was dreaming but it arrived! IT FINALLY ARRIVED!!!

Nwxt Monkey Island game, I'll only buy it online and get the DVD like a year after it starts selling hehehehehe

• You should feel lucky. I ordered my in March, live in San Francisco, and as far as I can tell mine hasn't even't shipped yet.

• I ordered my DVD waaay back in Feb and have not received it - Order #600067178458657 . Bonnie replied a couple of times, said it was shipped but it hasnt and now has stopped responding altogether. I feel so ripped off by a company I once trusted

• @meetali said: I ordered my DVD waaay back in Feb and have not received it - Order #600067178458657 . Bonnie replied a couple of times, said it was shipped but it hasnt and now has stopped responding altogether. I feel so ripped off by a company I once trusted

When did it ship and where do you live? (just say the country or state im not trying to stalk you or anything :P)

• I live in the UK , still have not been told if it shipped. Bonnie keeps saying they are abt to ship, but I'm getting worried cos I'm moving to a different country in a month and I haven't got a response to my mails or anything

Add Comment