User Avatar Image

Lucas Arts Should buy Telltale

posted by coolguy721 on - last edited - Viewed by 664 users

what do you think?

93 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am surprised that anyone can say that about Lucas Arts. After 10 years they decided to take a risk and remake a 19 year old game. you gotta give them credit for that

• @hamza721 said: I am surprised that anyone can say that about Lucas Arts. After 10 years they decided to take a risk and remake a 19 year old game. you gotta give them credit for that

I do and love what they did to MI 1 SE and what we seen of 2 but they haven't made any new adventure games in years and even if they do now they could one day stop and make star wars for seeminly ever again. If they owned TTG it would be a huge blow to adventure games one it might not recover from

• Let Lucasarts make their own adventure games.... I still have doubts we will see more after the new special edition.. I hope they do...

Telltale makes good enough games as they are.... the graphics are good enough, the writing gets better each season.. and the Music is beyond phenomenal.

There is no reason for the two to become one... they do fine on their own... Good thread though it lends to some real debate.

• @hamza721 said: I am surprised that anyone can say that about Lucas Arts. After 10 years they decided to take a risk and remake a 19 year old game. you gotta give them credit for that

Do you know what the Golden Age of Lucas Arts refers to? It's long past expired.

• @hamza721 said: After 10 years they decided to take a risk and remake a 19 year old game.

Although I realize what you actually meant to say, this sounds decidedly funny.

• This thread makes me sad. I'm glad to see most of you feel it would be a bad thing.

• people who vote yse shouldn't be on this forum. It is blasphemy,.
    People who vote yes are like a child who goes back to a person that has bullied it for ten years and asks if it wants to be friends and then gets kicked in the nuts.
    This shouls not happen to telltale
    and that logo wouldn't happen the ttg logo would be scraped altogether if lucas arts bought the company.

• It's not that I have no faith in LucasArts....they really do need to do a lot more to prove themselves to me of course, but I don't doubt them that much. I just don't believe there's anything to be gained by LucasArts owning Telltale. And, as I said, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of Dave and co creating their own company to get away from being under somebody.

Partnering is cool. Merging/buying out is not.

• If LucasArts really wants to make adventure games, they should just buy "Autumn Moon" and hire Ron Gilbert. But since they are not doing any of that, I guess they are sticking with the the Star Wars action games.

I think Telltale is doing fine on it's own. Maybe TTG should buy LA instead! :D

Add Comment