User Avatar Image

Lucas Arts Should buy Telltale

posted by coolguy721 on - last edited - Viewed by 788 users

what do you think?

93 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Somehow I feel the reason they made Special Editions at all, is because they realized how successful TTG was becoming with their adventure games, and decided to jump on the bandwagon.

I think Telltale is doing just fine on their own. We need different companies like this. Maybe Telltale's success will continue to drive LA toward making more adventure games, but it won't if they just buy them out.

Also, I like TTG's distribution methods better. I'm still annoyed at LA for not letting me buy a hard copy of SMI:SE.

• @Jenny said:
    Also, I like TTG's distribution methods better. I'm still annoyed at LA for not letting me buy a hard copy of SMI:SE.

Yes, I strongly agree with this. Half of the joy of owning a PC game is being able to have the box to look at and have on your shelf alongside the rest of your collection.

• Yeah I am a collector I like having boxes and discs with pretty pictures on them ..... so when the Zombies attack I will still be able to play then on a PC connected to a generator... Its almost like Lucasarts has not even thought about zombie invasions.... and what is up with them not selling it on their own site? Why even use steam... I mean come on their parent company figured out how to put a dinosaur on a movie screen in 1993 but digital distribution confuses and or scares them?

• @Irishmile said: so when the Zombies attack I will still be able to play then on a PC connected to a generator... Its almost like Lucasarts has not even thought about zombie invasions....

Exactly! I am completely covered in case of attack, except for my ability to play SMI:SE when stuck in my floating bomb shelter.

• Both special editions will probably be released on a DVD together at some point

• I must admit, if ANY company were to buy TTG, it'd probably be best it was LucasArts.
    But, no. Why ruin a perfect thing? ;)

• @hamza721 said: Both special editions will probably be released on a DVD together at some point

Do you mean 'in one package'? I think I'd prefer them to be sold individually/separately. It'd just be nicer. I fear that if they were to come as a single package, then there'd be some sort of 50/50 cover artwork similar to the split-screen when playing multiplayer on a console game.

• Telltale should buy LucasArts. :D

Well... no. I like things the way they are. LucasArts decided to target their games at the Star Wars and Indiana Jones fans (and anything else they make) while Telltale brought back the adventure game genre for those of us who want more point and click games! Things are just fine the way they are.

• I voted no. A clear and loud no. TellTale should remain an independent studio, so they can keep making the games they want.
    But I'd love more LucasArts-TellTale specific partnerships (TOMI season 2, the long awaited Star Wars adventure game that all fans have been dreaming for...), and TellTale becoming the external studio that makes LucasArts' adventure games, just like Bioware makes LucasArts' RPGs, and other studios makes LucasArts' other games.

• @jermy52 said: hey you cant blame Lucas Arts for not making adventure games anymore. Grim Fandango came out and it was a commercial failure(look it up if you don't believe me). So what were they supposed to do? If they kept making adventure games they would lose all there money because there are lots of people willing to buy low risk Star Wars games and only a few people wanting to buy high risk Adventure game.

You can't if you're on the board of directors, which I imagine nobody here is.

The only thing we as consumers should care about is how good the company is doing at appeasing their customers. A lot of us long-time LA adventure fans essentially had our heart torn out and stomped on by the brass at Lucas for the sole reason of cashing in on easy to sell IP to make a bigger profit.

Lucas has only recently begun to listen to their customers again with the release of SoMI:SE and MI2:LR:SE. Those games may not make huge profit margins, but LA's image has vastly improved since the fall from their Golden Age to their Dark Age because of that fact.

Add Comment