User Avatar Image

We want TOMI on XBL !!!!!

posted by Fliter on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

I am maybe the only one on earth that is waiting for TOMI on XBL since the original release...

Why?!?! Because I have enjoyed so much playng S&M on the sofa with the joypad that I i just consider this as the only way to play TOMI...

Now TOMI has been released on PSN...

I WANT TOMI x MY XBOX360!!!

I am the only one here?!?!

What is that? It is an exclusive agreement with Sony?

It is incredible... xbox360 has only taken old & already (long time) released TellTale games...
PS3 get S&M3 and now TOMI....

Bad move Telltale...

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I bet TT doesn't do XBOX because of the languages. Microsoft requires multilanguage for his platform, but TT isn't capable to do internal tranlations. In fact, the only xbox games they released are the translated ones.
    It seems that they prefer not having the game on XBOX than translate the game...

Translations are the weakest point of the instead great TT adventure company.
    It seems to me they're working in a complete disorganization about that, with confusion and problem about their products placements.

• @Bloody Eugene said: I bet TT doesn't do XBOX because of the languages. Microsoft requires multilanguage for his platform, but TT isn't capable to do internal tranlations. In fact, the only xbox games they released are the translated ones.
    It seems that they prefer not having the game on XBOX than translate the game...

Translations are the weakest point of the instead great TT adventure company.
    It seems to me they're working in a complete disorganization about that, with confusion and problem about their products placements.

Not sure what you're saying exactly, but it would seem to be contradicted by the fact that two Sam & Max seasons, Wallace & Gromit, and similarly, The Secret of Monkey Island: SE are on XBLA.

My feeling is that ToMI WILL be released on XBLA eventually. I think people suggesting that TT wanted to give PSN a little love are correct, as are people noting that the company has a lot of other priorities at the moment. But I have not doubt it'll come sooner or later. It's easy money.

• @Tybee said: Not sure what you're saying exactly, but it would seem to be contradicted by the fact that two Sam & Max seasons, Wallace & Gromit, and similarly, The Secret of Monkey Island: SE are on XBLA.

MI:SE was developed by LucasArts, not Telltale. :)

• @Tybee

You center the point... TOMI on XBL it wuold be EASY MONEY for TT !!!

I am not a "PC gamer" anymore (and I suspect that I am not the only one...) and I will never buy TOMI on PC...

As I said I can live with that... MI2 SE, Ron'DeathSpank, MI3 by Ron Gilbert...

As it is TT seems a good adventure company... but a true mess as a business company!

• @Fliter said: You center the point... TOMI on XBL it wuold be EASY MONEY for TT !!!

Not really, they would still have to port the game to the Xbox, and that's not too easy, especially not with all the games they're already making.

@Fliter said:
    As it is TT seems a good adventure company... but a true mess as a business company!

Because they don't cater to your preferred platform?

• [QUOTE=Because they don't cater to your preferred platform?[/QUOTE]

No, as I said in previous posts, just because they made wrong / silly business/strategic decisions...!

• @Fliter said: No, as I said in previous posts, just because they made wrong / silly business/strategic decisions...!

It's not wrong or silly to exclude Xbox 360 as a launch platform. Hundreds of games are never ported beyond their primary platform, does that mean their developers are silly morons with no idea what they're doing?

• I wouldn't mind if it WAS released on 360 but if it isn't oh well.

• @SHODANFreeman said: It's not wrong or silly to exclude Xbox 360 as a launch platform. Hundreds of games are never ported beyond their primary platform, does that mean their developers are silly morons with no idea what they're doing?

Oh well no, expecially If they have an exclusive deal with the platform holder (MS or Sony) and it is an AAA game!
    Maybe you know that usually exclusives sell very very well (less timed-exclusives), for a lot of reasons...I am more than sure that you are well aware of it.
    But an exclusive deal for a niche game... Mmmm I really have a lot of doubts about it!
    And I really hope that this is not the case, for TT sake!

The point here is that this game is ONE year OLD now.
    The porting of a Windows game over the Xbox platform (especially a game like TOMI that it is not a technical masterpiece) it is not expensive and it is not time consuming as doing it for the PS3.

After a year, all the initial hype, the shared marketing effort with LA (x MI SE), the buzz for an all new MI game etc.. have gone lost! And potentially this also mean a lot of money lost!

To me it is silly not to release a multiplat game over XBL, because XBL is a huge (and maybe the best) platform for doing money with downloadable games!

But maybe the idea of not releasing TOMI on XBL after ONE YEAR for you and TT is a great strategic move!
    All is possible on this earth!!!

In any case it is just my humble opinion.

• Maybe they're prepping TMI for a simultaneous XBLA release with MI:SE 2, and haven't announced it yet? I guarantee they are working on an XBLA version, and it's just a matter of time before it comes out. They didn't just throw their 360 dev kit in the garbage when they got a PS3 one. :p

Add Comment