User Avatar Image

We want TOMI on XBL !!!!!

posted by Fliter on - last edited - Viewed by 900 users

I am maybe the only one on earth that is waiting for TOMI on XBL since the original release...

Why?!?! Because I have enjoyed so much playng S&M on the sofa with the joypad that I i just consider this as the only way to play TOMI...

Now TOMI has been released on PSN...

I WANT TOMI x MY XBOX360!!!

I am the only one here?!?!

What is that? It is an exclusive agreement with Sony?

It is incredible... xbox360 has only taken old & already (long time) released TellTale games...
PS3 get S&M3 and now TOMI....

Bad move Telltale...

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @SHODANFreeman said: Maybe they're prepping TMI for a simultaneous XBLA release with MI:SE 2, and haven't announced it yet? I guarantee they are working on an XBLA version, and it's just a matter of time before it comes out. They didn't just throw their 360 dev kit in the garbage when they got a PS3 one. :p



    MI:SE 2 is set to be released next July 7th...

    So I really do not think that your prediction will come true...

  • @Fliter said: @Gman5852

    It is not bad to have TOMI on PS3....
    It is a really really really a bad move not to have TOMI on Xbox360 after a year!!!

    Without any doubt a worldwide & all platforms simultaneous release would have mean a higher sales results. Shared marketing efforts&costs, SHARE the buzz&the hype train, the first new game of Monkey Franchise in years, the release of the MI1 SE, etc...

    Now maybe they will release TOMI on XBL after more than an year&half ...and maybe they will not be satisfied by the sales results....

    Bad move really TELLTALE, bad move!!!



    Still i would like to say it is not a bad move to not port something to another console. Sbcg4ap has yet to be ported on PS3/XBLA, was that a bad move?
    Sam and max seasons 1-2 has yet to be ported to PS3, was that a bad move.
    Bone has yet to be ported at all(and probably never will) was that a bad move?

  • Well ... if a game is exclusive to one platform ... that usually means that the platform owner payed the company.
    Or that the other platform is too expensive.
    Or that they try to find the best market with lower costs.

    Either Sony payed something or Microsoft is too expensive or Telltale has not the resources to pay for both localisations. Maybe they just test which market works better for the future.

  • @Gman5852 said: Still i would like to say it is not a bad move to not port something to another console. Sbcg4ap has yet to be ported on PS3/Wii, was that a bad move?



    Mmh? Strong Bad is on Wii.

  • @Gman5852 said: Still i would like to say it is not a bad move to not port something to another console. Sbcg4ap has yet to be ported on PS3/Wii, was that a bad move?
    Sam and max seasons 1-2 has yet to be ported to PS3, was that a bad move.
    Bone has yet to be ported at all(and probably never will) was that a bad move?



    Even if is now clear that the porting of a windows game over the PS3 is much more difficult (i.e: more expensive) than an Xbox one; and even if is it clear that, as a marketplace, PSN is far inferior to XBL (in terms of sales performances), yes, it was a bad move not to release such a popular franchise as S&M to PSN.

    But this choice is quite easy understandable because at the time of the release of S&M1, the PSN was pratically at its early stages. And the porting costs too much high.

    But not to have TOMI on XBL after a year is really a BAD BAD BAD MOVE!

  • @Neumi said: Well ... if a game is exclusive to one platform ... that usually means that the platform owner payed the company.
    Or that the other platform is too expensive.
    Or that they try to find the best market with lower costs.

    Either Sony payed something or Microsoft is too expensive or Telltale has not the resources to pay for both localisations. Maybe they just test which market works better for the future.



    Maybe you are right but a franchise like MI deserve better!!! MI means GRAPHIC ADVENTURE and cannot be managed as Tell Tale has done!!!!!

    We are talking about THE most important brand of the golden age of the adventure games and Tell Tale was not even capable of world wide/all platform release! For one of the most anticipated title ever! Maybe it will be the most important TT game ever and...
    Here I see also a huge fault from LucasArts...

  • @Fliter said: Even if is now clear that the porting of a windows game over the PS3 is much more difficult (i.e: more expensive) than an Xbox one; and even if is it clear that, as a marketplace, PSN is far inferior to XBL (in terms of sales performances), yes, it was a bad move not to release such a popular franchise as S&M to PSN.

    But this choice is quite easy understandable because at the time of the release of S&M1, the PSN was pratically at its early stages. And the porting costs too much high.

    But not to have TOMI on XBL after a year is really a BAD BAD BAD MOVE!



    Calm down there sir, you seem to have it in for the PSN but the shocking thing is, Adventure games sell BETTER on the PSN compared to Xbox Live Arcade, especially in Europe. We know from the sales of Sam & Max on the Xbox is that sales declined drastically. Same went for Wallace & Gromit until they bundled it.

    TellTale had a choice, either port Sam & Max Season 3 (and ToMI) to a platform where their sales were getting lower and lower each time, or port it to a new platform where Adventure games were doing well in other countries. The choice was clear really and gave them a chance to try something new, the production of their PS3 games have been pretty good so far!

  • @Fliter said: But not to have TOMI on XBL after a year is really a BAD BAD BAD MOVE!



    It took well over a year to have Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space on XBL, was that a "BAD BAD BAD MOVE"?

    It took over TWO years to have Sam and Max Save the World on XBL, was that a "BAD BAD BAD MOVE" too?

    Basically, what I get out of your messages is "anything that doesn't cater perfectly to what I personally want = BAD BAD BAD MOVE".

  • @SHODANFreeman said: It took well over a year to have Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space on XBL, was that a "BAD BAD BAD MOVE"?

    It took over TWO years to have Sam and Max Save the World on XBL, was that a "BAD BAD BAD MOVE" too?

    Basically, what I get out of your messages is "anything that doesn't cater perfectly to what I personally want = BAD BAD BAD MOVE".



    me not winning the lottery =
    BAD BAD BAD move right?

Add Comment