User Avatar Image

Your opinion on The Geek. Like her or Hate her?

posted by SlasherMan on - last edited - Viewed by 481 users

Well Saw a little discution on this matter on an unrelated thread and I decided to make this poll and opinion thread so you guys can opinion on your Hatred or Love of The Geek

My opinion:Yeah, I Hate her!! :D

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • She is a bit of a plot device/foil, and she definitely works best in the cartoons. And I wouldn't want her coming in so much she got in way of the Sam and Max relationship. But it was fun to see S&M using her crazy inventions, and she did have her moments. I would have liked to see her at some point go evil and go after them for at least an episode. That would have been awesome. Or maybe if she was more incidentally working with them-- like a character that sometimes works with you, sometimes against you. I think the biggest flaw with her is that her relationship with S&M is too predictable.

• fore me she was hook I like to see hare agen I like the fate she look at the insane and she hi she noes what sam and max are capitol of and shay hi guys
    most of the Cartier look at sam and max and only see a small part but wood be schedule of them

• I chose the hate option, but that's a bit strong for my opinion. I find her annoying, out of place and poorly designed, not unlike a fanfic character. She doesn't even have any good flaws or clichés to play off of.

• If I remember correctly, in a interview with Steve Purcell, he stated that he was asked to place a female character in the show, and he didn't think she was really needed and tried to keep the Geek out of the show as much as possible. Or something like that anyway.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where that interview was.

In any case I actually liked her as a character.

• She was OK. Never bothered me. So I guess I'll pick the "meh" option then.

• @World93 said: If I remember correctly, in a interview with Steve Purcell, he stated that he was asked to place a female character in the show, and he didn't think she was really needed and tried to keep the Geek out of the show as much as possible. Or something like that anyway.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where that interview was.

In any case I actually liked her as a character.

I believe the interview you're looking for is this one right
    http://samandmax.co.uk/2010/04/interview-with-steve-purcell/

It's a pretty good interview, too.

• Yeah that's the one. thanks

• I hated the geek so freaking much, I won't even do her the honour of capitalizing her name when I type it. :mad:

• Rentless Monkey: If you had to add a third character to join Sam and Max, what would he/she be like and why? There was The Geek in the animated series – do you think she worked well?
    The Geek was the answer to the TV Network wanting a female character on the animated show. I don’t mind her as a character but I tried to keep her in the background as much as possible. I actually think it’s unwise to add a character to an established duo. There’s a rhythm to the two that you don’t want to have to interrupt.

:confused::confused::confused:

• @Player_2 said: I hated the geek so freaking much, I won't even do her the honour of capitalizing her name when I type it. :mad:

oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

Add Comment