User Avatar Image

Which Movie is it Based On?

posted by StrongBrush1 on - last edited - Viewed by 656 users

Will this new game be based on the First Movie, the second, the Third, or Is it something completely different?
I'm hoping it will be one of the first two movies, but even more so, I want both.

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, I've just finished watching the 3rd film (no more than 5 minutes ago) and I don't really see why it's so hated, I really quite enjoyed it.

Oh well, that argument aside, I would personally like the game to be a sequel to the third and I would like the main (and playable) characters to be Alan Grant and Billy Brennan because I like both characters and I think that they make a great duo. Alan Grant is sort of like an Indiana Jones-like figure while Billy is just a likable sidekick. I really think that it would work.

Alan Grant would be a brilliant main character, because throughout the third film, just look at how many times he uses items to solve problems. Just a few off of the top of my head:

- Using the raptor eggs to get rid of the raptors surrounding them.
    - Using the raptor voicebox replica with his mouth to try and shoo the raptors
    - Using the flare gun with the gasoline in the water in order to shoo the Spinosaurus (though this was accidental, I think)

I know there were more, I just can't think of them, but my point is that Alan Grant used his brain to get out of situations, meaning that he'd be a great adventure game character because it's not just 'shoot-at-the-dinosaurs-and-hope-for-the-best'. And Billy, as I said before, just seems like a good sidekick.

• "And now for something completely different"

• @PainDealer said: "And now for something completely different"

It's... Monty Python's Flying Circus

• I think that the game will be a sort of combination of all three to make somthing unique.

• I think each episode might be based on a different movie or possibly there could be two episodes for each movie.

• I don't care what they do with it because their going to make it FU***NG awesome no matter what story they use... People need to stop being so damn critical and just soak up the greatness!

• @Hayden said: Well, I've just finished watching the 3rd film (no more than 5 minutes ago) and I don't really see why it's so hated, I really quite enjoyed it.

I actually thought 3 was better than 2. Lost World was always the abomination to me (though I still sort of enjoyed it.)
    My list is
    JP
    JP3
    LW

• @Hayden said: Oh well, that argument aside, I would personally like the game to be a sequel to the third and I would like the main (and playable) characters to be Alan Grant and Billy Brennan because I like both characters and I think that they make a great duo. Alan Grant is sort of like an Indiana Jones-like figure while Billy is just a likable sidekick. I really think that it would work.

I think this would be the worst case scenario, I definetly wouldnt buy it if it would be that way. Just the story: Why would Grant return with Billy to the island???? Making a safari for fun? So stupid :rolleyes:...

• I think the first movie had an unique feel unlike any of the sequels and is the best part of series, I think anyone will agree with that. Not only that, it suits best for a non action-shooter game and is the main memory of all fans childhood, I dont see why the game shouldnt play in the first movie, at least in the first few episodes. The further episodes can then take place on Isla Nublar after 10 of 20 years if necessary, would be a good compromise!!!

• @Sadonicus said: I think this would be the worst case scenario, I definetly wouldnt buy it if it would be that way. Just the story: Why would Grant return with Billy to the island???? Making a safari for fun? So stupid :rolleyes:...

I that case, why would anyone return to the island? Who says it's even going to take place on the island? It might not even take place on either of the islands, 'Jurassic Park IV' (the film) isn't going to include the island. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see those to characters (Billy and Alan Grant) in another 'Jurassic Park' installment.

Add Comment