25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kjella said: I would just like to put it briefly: I strongly disagree. I loathe it when you pick the right solution, but the game refuses because it's forcing you to fail first. A good example was in 301, where you have to trick the gorilla to fall down in the manhole by slipping on a banana. If you try getting the banana peel from the trash can *without* having watched it in future vision, Sam will just go "It'd be a lot easier if I knew what I was looking for" or something like that. I absolutely hated that moment, Sam was like a helpless drooling retard.

The joke there is that without future vision you have no idea what you should be doing. The trash can could be filled with all kinds of stuff, how do you know what is right? Would you rather the game force you to try different items till you randomly picked the right one?

• @serializer said: I think it's a mixture of the two; there are certainly bugs causing problems, but then there are also puzzles that can be solved by accident thru being too easy!

Sure. But of the original list only 4 are actually issues with puzzles, the other 3 are game bugs.
    That's quite a big percentage.

• Personally I could never get Skunkape to hit the projector unless I taunted him about his age making him angry about all those years he just spent in the Penal Zone, and I think that was the intended solution.

• @serializer said:
    2. Museum. I tend to wander around and click on everything... so I didn't realise the significance of having to use the monster diaorama to hide it before I set up my own fake one; it was either hidden already, or a game glitch made it irrelevant.

I never once had to hide the machine. it was still there when I completed the puzzle.
    @serializer said: Personally I could never get Skunkape to hit the projector unless I taunted him about his age making him angry about all those years he just spent in the Penal Zone, and I think that was the intended solution.

Same

• I guess I must be total dumb-ass then, considering I was totally stuck on some of those puzzles that apparently "solve themselves" ... :rolleyes:

• @NeatNit said: Personally, I never (I think) got an "auto-solve" glitch, but I did once or twice accidentally solve a puzzle.

I don't think Telltale should take the time to fix the puzzles that can be solved without realising it, but the glitched ones definitely need to be fixed at some point.

You really took the time to write this, and get the details about everything. Well done.

Well, I solved most of the puzzles in the previous seasons by trial and error which is partly accidental. I'd say 50% of them were not puzzles that needed common sense to solve but something else. This season has been more logical and I'm yet to run into an accidental solution.

• @Little Writer said: I guess I must be total dumb-ass then, considering I was totally stuck on some of those puzzles that apparently "solve themselves" ... :rolleyes:

If you were actually "stuck" for more than ten minutes while solving any given Season Three puzzle, then yeah, that assessment is pretty fair.

Add Comment