35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Forever wasn't as campy as & Robin was. & Robin was way more of a comedy than Forever. Forever could almost be taken seriously, I think.

• Seeing as she's alive at the end of the movie I'd say it's a safe bet to say she's not dead.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Seeing as she's alive at the end of the movie I'd say it's a safe bet to say she's not dead.

LOL I deleted my post because I forget if it's in quotes or not. She leans on that whole 9 lives thing. :p

It's debatable that she's just crazy but at the end of the movie she's alive.

• Oh great. Now my post looks stupid lol.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Oh great. Now my post looks stupid lol.

I said that she falls through the tarps but the movie didn't ever state that she actually died, and she showed very little injury to her body.

• I hate to say this, but I do sort of think Batman: Mask of the Phantasm ripped off Batman Returns a bit. Both female leads, Andrea and Selina go out at the end with a huge bang taking the main villains they wanted revenge on with them, and both are given a scene at the end of the movie that pretty much tells you they're alive. This is so similar for both movies, and the fact Returns came out in 1992 and Phantasm in 1993, that it's hard for me to write it off.

Phantasm did it better anyway because Hamill's Joker was laughing at the time. Walken turned into a dead guy and he wasn't Mark Hamill playing the Joker, therefore he was not Mark Hamill laughing. This alone is enough to write off Batman Returns whatsoever, because it didn't have Mark Hamill laughing, the abomination.

• I haven't seen Mask of the Phantom since it came out, way back when. Best Batman cartoon ever made, no doubt.
    It's been a long time.

• After watching the first movie several times, I ended up never wanting to watch it for a while, because I was genuinely scared of the joker. It was that smile that got to me. That resulted in me being afraid of clowns. Anyways, I got over that a while ago, so I'm good now, and funny enough its my favourite of the 4 Batman films. The Dark Knight is my all-time favourite though.

• Nuh uh. Batman '89 kicks all the 6 other live-action Batman movies' butts!

• @OzzieMonkey said: After watching the first movie several times, I ended up never wanting to watch it for a while, because I was genuinely scared of the joker. It was that smile that got to me. That resulted in me being afraid of clowns.

I've always found it funny that so many people were traumatized by scary clowns as children, since for me, it just cemented my love of them. Seeing Killer Klowns From Outer Space and Batman as a kid pretty much made me a diehard fan of evil clowns.

Add Comment