User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent impressions!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

PuzzAgent_puzzled_patron.jpgPuzzle Agent is here!

Get it
Official site!

Store!

Marketing!
What is the mystery of Scoggins?

What the heck is going on Scoggins, Minnesota? When White House inquiries to the Scoggins Eraser Co. are answered only with curious puzzles, the U.S. Department of Puzzle Investigation's Nelson Tethers is sent on the case.

As the government's sole Puzzle Agent, Tethers has his hands full: the strange case of Scoggins plunges him into a mystery that will challenge every ounce of his expertise, and possibly his very wits too. Tethers must overcome brainteasers at every turn, including mazes, logic puzzles and riddles. He soon realizes that these - along with the clinically pre-occupied townspeople, secret societies, and mysterious sounds from the forest - are intimately connected to the core conundrum. And what's with the gnomes?

---

So you guys have been playing it a bit, I hope! What do you think? Let's talk Puzzle agent!

296 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I like the music in the main menue.
    Cannot get further though since my PC seems to be too slow and there is no option to turn down the quality setting like in W&G, ToMI and S&MS3. Or at least I don't see it.

• Love the music, love the graphic style and the puzzles seem to be challenging enough without making the game stessful (so far).

The thing that threw me was how may puzzles. Everytime I click something theres a new puzzle to do,I was hoping to have a quick look and then go back to work but now i can't stop!!!!!

Well done.

• Brilliant! The atmosphere is great, and I am so sad real life is pulling me away from it at the moment :(
    The puzzles arent too hard nor too easy, just right! Well, at the moment anyway! Hoping they will get challenging further on.

• Am I the only one who didn't get the Room Key one at all? I must just be dense. Also I didn't understand the Rubberband one too well. Didn't know I had to create an actual Rubberband :l

• Haven't gotten too far in, but I really like what I've already played. The room key puzzle has me stuck at the moment, so I'm going to let that simmer in the back of my mind overnight before resorting to hints.

The music is just perfect so far, and the voices are great -- the little Minnesota touches are hilarious (hot dish!).

I'm already hoping for a full season!

• I've gotten to the room key puzzle, and so far I love it.

• You guy should make the soundtrack available. I would like to give you my money. Let me give you money for the soundtrack. Digital or otherwise.

Money.

• I've done 7 puzzles so far. Great first impression. Loving the overall presentation. I have nothing but positive things to say, and that's not just because this is an official forum read by the people that made the game. :)

• @der_ketzer said: there is no option to turn down the quality setting like in W&G, ToMI and S&MS3. Or at least I don't see it.

That's because there is nothing in the game that the "higher quality" settings in Sam & Max/TOMI/W&G use. There's no depth of field, glowing lights, shadows, etc. This game runs at around the equivalent of quality 1-4 on those other game's sliders.

Your best bet to improve performance is to lower your screen resolution in graphics settings!

• I'm about ten puzzles in and so far I am extremely pleased. The music and voice acting has been great so far. Really looking forward to playing this in the morning when I wake up.

Great job Telltale.

Also, a question. Since this is a pilot, is this thread going to be used to help determine whether there is a full season?

Add Comment