User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent impressions!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

PuzzAgent_puzzled_patron.jpgPuzzle Agent is here!

Get it
Official site!

Store!

Marketing!
What is the mystery of Scoggins?

What the heck is going on Scoggins, Minnesota? When White House inquiries to the Scoggins Eraser Co. are answered only with curious puzzles, the U.S. Department of Puzzle Investigation's Nelson Tethers is sent on the case.

As the government's sole Puzzle Agent, Tethers has his hands full: the strange case of Scoggins plunges him into a mystery that will challenge every ounce of his expertise, and possibly his very wits too. Tethers must overcome brainteasers at every turn, including mazes, logic puzzles and riddles. He soon realizes that these - along with the clinically pre-occupied townspeople, secret societies, and mysterious sounds from the forest - are intimately connected to the core conundrum. And what's with the gnomes?

---

So you guys have been playing it a bit, I hope! What do you think? Let's talk Puzzle agent!

296 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Awesome indie game! Just peeked a bit at it before leaving to work here. Great atmosphere that's absolutely fantastic. The first guy you meet in Scoggins is already a memorable character, good job!

I'm having difficulties finding the menu though, what a puzzle! ;d

• @queztone said: Awesome indie game! Just peeked a bit at it before leaving to work here. Great atmosphere that's absolutely fantastic. The first guy you meet in Scoggins is already a memorable character, good job!

I'm having difficulties finding the menu though, what a puzzle! ;d

Click the puzzle folder icon in the top left corner, or hit "esc." That takes you to the in-game menu with stats and things. From there you can also go to the main menu if you'd like.

• User Avatar Image
    Zak

@queztone said: Awesome indie game!

It's not an indie game, Telltale is a commercial company.

• Just finished the game. Those gnomes really creep me out!!! Love the game.

• @Jake said: Click the puzzle folder icon in the top left corner, or hit "esc." That takes you to the in-game menu with stats and things. From there you can also go to the main menu if you'd like.

Hee, you're right! I hadn't walked into the hotel yet. ;0

• User Avatar Image
    Zak

I honestly wasn't expecting too much, but I'm highly impressed with what I've played so far.

The voice acting is fabulous, and so is the art. I'm not as bothered as I thought I was going to be by grickle's low framerate style of animation throughout the game.

This may have been inspired by proffesor Layton, but I must say I'm enjoying this a lot more. Layton gave you 5 puzzles at a time before you were given more story, whereas Puzzle Agent gives you one puzzle, followed by a chunk of story, which makes a lot more sense.

I'm suprised with just how cinematic this game is.

• I like this much more than Layton so far.

• Well I've just tried this and pretty good so far (about 5 or 6 puzzles done, used couple of hints, had about 3 wrong answers). Anyone else hate the suspense when you click "submit" and have to wait a few tense moments before it tells you whether your solution is ACCEPTED or REJECTED?

Have a feeling this won't be a cakewalk to complete. Hopefully it won't be too short a game. Think maybe I'll have another go at it again. Kind of funny how Telltale released it with only a few hours left in June.

• Great game :)
    Hope to see a full season :D

• Layton's got way more polish and the puzzles are more logical, if not always natural to what is going on.

This one is fun though. Can I start quoting this game yet?

"Those guys brought it in when I ordered my pie... THAT I'M STILL WAITING FOR!!!"

Add Comment