User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent impressions!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

PuzzAgent_puzzled_patron.jpgPuzzle Agent is here!

Get it
Official site!

Store!

Marketing!
What is the mystery of Scoggins?

What the heck is going on Scoggins, Minnesota? When White House inquiries to the Scoggins Eraser Co. are answered only with curious puzzles, the U.S. Department of Puzzle Investigation's Nelson Tethers is sent on the case.

As the government's sole Puzzle Agent, Tethers has his hands full: the strange case of Scoggins plunges him into a mystery that will challenge every ounce of his expertise, and possibly his very wits too. Tethers must overcome brainteasers at every turn, including mazes, logic puzzles and riddles. He soon realizes that these - along with the clinically pre-occupied townspeople, secret societies, and mysterious sounds from the forest - are intimately connected to the core conundrum. And what's with the gnomes?

---

So you guys have been playing it a bit, I hope! What do you think? Let's talk Puzzle agent!

296 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Zak

I can't see how this isn't going to be the top selling iPhone game throughout July.

• Some of the wording on the puzzles is really bad too... I'm not always sure what I'm being asked to do.

• Did I love the accents? You betcha!

madness.jpg

I haven't had to pull out a pen and paper for a computer game in years. Thank you for this awesome, memorable experience. Way to go, team TTG!

• The fish one comes to mind as being awkward.

• Amazingly fun. And yes, I screamed whenever the Hidden People jumped out of nowhere in the middle of a puzzle. :eek:

• Also, there should be a place off to the side of the screen where the items are stored when you're having to put together something instead of it all being jumbled onto your screen.

• I enjoyed the story more so than the game play, some of them it just didn't feel like I had a firm grasp of what the game was trying to get me to do. I was really into the story up until it just sort of...well...ended.

Also, Gnome jump-scares during puzzles was brilliance.

• Just thought to give some first impressions after playing the game for an hour and a half:

First thing that crossed my mind was: "Ooh, this looks cool" and the way the assignment was presented was interesting.

After Nelson had been going around Scoggins for a while, I started to feel a bit bored. The puzzles were fun, but everything else was just him asking routine questions with rather plain answers. Though right after I felt that I walked out the diner, heard the joke about the tracks, encountered the first gnome and cool weird things started happening.

Now I want to figure out the mystery, but I have to go to work.

I enjoyed the newest Layton, but didn't like the story much at all. I hope the interestingness of Puzzle Agent will keep escalating throughout the episode(s) and thus end up better than it's inspiration.

Also, I like how the puzzles in Puzzle Agent feel much more connected to the world and the story than Layton's "This reminds me of a puzzle".

Add Comment