User Avatar Image

We want TOMI on XBL !!!!!

posted by Fliter on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

I am maybe the only one on earth that is waiting for TOMI on XBL since the original release...

Why?!?! Because I have enjoyed so much playng S&M on the sofa with the joypad that I i just consider this as the only way to play TOMI...

Now TOMI has been released on PSN...

I WANT TOMI x MY XBOX360!!!

I am the only one here?!?!

What is that? It is an exclusive agreement with Sony?

It is incredible... xbox360 has only taken old & already (long time) released TellTale games...
PS3 get S&M3 and now TOMI....

Bad move Telltale...

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MusicallyInspired said: Ah I see. Well whether or not PS3 sales are better for adventures, adventures are definitely favouring the PS3 right now for whatever reason. With all the latest Telltale releases, the Monkey Island 2 Special Edition getting a day early release, and even Portal 2 getting a way better port for PS3 than the XBox version (yes, Portal is an adventure. Closer to Myst than Sierra or LucasArts adventures, yes, but an adventure nonetheless).

Portal 2 will be just same as X360 version. And sales on S&M; and W&G wast so bad, but it simply wasn't much actuall games. The reason why MI2SE is on PSN day earlier is that Sony is breaking rules. They dont have any specific day for PSN release like Xbox Live have it (XBLA Wednesday), THAT'S the reason. They have to do this thing because they cant beat Xbox Live by fair-play.

• @tonyskate said: Portal 2 will be just same as X360 version. And sales on S&M; and W&G wast so bad, but it simply wasn't much actuall games. The reason why MI2SE is on PSN day earlier is that Sony is breaking rules. They dont have any specific day for PSN release like Xbox Live have it (XBLA Wednesday), THAT'S the reason. They have to do this thing because they cant beat Xbox Live by fair-play.

It's "unfair" to remove restrictions in order to provide a better experience to the users? Huh.

• @SHODANFreeman said: It's "unfair" to remove restrictions in order to provide a better experience to the users? Huh.

Better experience? You wanted say the same experience as on PSN and XBLA, just earlier. Sony isnt thinking about users they just want to be first because they are losing to Microsoft, so they have to find some stupid ways.

• @tonyskate said: Portal 2 will be just same as X360 version. And sales on S&M; and W&G wast so bad, but it simply wasn't much actuall games. The reason why MI2SE is on PSN day earlier is that Sony is breaking rules. They dont have any specific day for PSN release like Xbox Live have it (XBLA Wednesday), THAT'S the reason. They have to do this thing because they cant beat Xbox Live by fair-play.

Actually the guy from Valve, who announced Portal 2 at the Sony press conference, tried to sell the idea that the PS3 version would be 'the best version on any console'. I believe those were his words.

Having said that, I doubt there will be any noticeable differences between the two but the earlier statement wasn't completely unfounded.

As for PSN 'breaking the rules' I believe they usually update on a Wednesday (at least in Europe) so that is technically their 'specific day'. I doubt XBLA has any 'set in stone' rules that wouldn't allow them to do the same thing, though I don't know why MI2: SE is coming out a day earlier on PSN.

As for the rest of this thread, Telltale are doing better than ever. Updated engine, NBC deal, three new possible series on the horizon, have at least one game on every system and finally all home consoles.

Bad business decisions? No.

• @Purple Tentacle said: Bad business decisions? No.

I have never said, that it was bad business decision. And XBLA Wednesdays are set in stone, it was from begining and its still the same. Only Sony has to play on big boys change the dates. They dont have usially update, they are just doing what the want, like some kids.

• @tonyskate said: I have never said, that it was bad business decision. And XBLA Wednesdays are set in stone, it was from begining and its still the same. Only Sony has to play on big boys change the dates. They dont have usially update, they are just doing what the want, like some kids.

I stopped addressing your post when I said "As for the rest of this thread..." The OP was suggesting it was a bad business decision :)

And Sony update their store every Wednesday, like I said. Business is business, the idea is to try and get one up on the competition. It's not like Microsoft haven't had exclusivity rights to things in the past or released certain titles a bit earlier than the competition.

Just enjoy your console dude and chill out :)

• The reason Portal 2 will be better on the PS3 is because it will be integrated with Steam (SteamCloud, community interaction, connected to your Steam account, etc). The XBox won't be connected to Steam. Personally, I'm rather excited for it.

• Valve games will still be the best on the PC though, since with Steam getting patches and additional content out is easier than on consoles (see also: TF2), and modding is as far as I know only possible on PC.

• @tonyskate said: Better experience? You wanted say the same experience as on PSN and XBLA, just earlier. Sony isnt thinking about users they just want to be first because they are losing to Microsoft, so they have to find some stupid ways.

Better experience as in "not holding things back arbitrarily", and it is in absolutely no way "stupid" to allow developers to set their own release schedule. Quit being a fanboy.

PS: Staying competitive is the name of the game, doing "stupid" things to make your console more attractive than the alternative benefits the consumer greatly, as it will encourage 360 to also do "stupid" things to improve their service.

• @tonyskate said: The reason why MI2SE is on PSN day earlier is that Sony is breaking rules. They dont have any specific day for PSN release like Xbox Live have it (XBLA Wednesday), THAT'S the reason.

Actually, the PSN updates every TUESDAY in North America and every WEDNESDAY in Europe, so yeah, that's their specific dates. They had a choice of either delaying it to the following week (Meaning a 6 day gap after release) or put it up a few hours early. A pretty simple choice really, no rules are being broken.

Add Comment