User Avatar Image

Any way to redeem myself?

posted by Pak-Man on - last edited - Viewed by 633 users

So I thought in the snowmobile puzzle I had to go PAST the lights, not THROUGH them, and now I'm stuck with the shame of an imperfect puzzle score. When I retry the puzzle, it's still imperfect. Is there any hope of getting a perfect score, or would I have to start a new game to redeem myself?

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The game is pretty unforgiving in that respect. If you want a perfect score, you've got to do it again from the top! Or, don't get hung up on it and keep going :)

• I destroyed myself thinking in the lift puzzle I had to move the green circles, not the actual lifts. In hindsight it was pretty silly of me.

• The problem is sort of that once you know how to do it, you know how to do it. If you could just do a retake it'd be easy to perfect things. The fact that you can't does sort of suck when the rules aren't explained with perfect clarity, but your score in a puzzle game counts as pretty low stakes... much lower than, say, instructions on emergency equipment, or grad school preliminary exams (which are notorious for being ambiguously worded).

• What if you go back and look at the hints? Will it change your previous rating?

• I found this a bit of a problem too. But hey, maybe I'll just play through it imperfectly and on the second playthrough, perfectly. But too many of my mistakes are because I don't get the idea 100% the instructions and the rules, and I think THAT is a much bigger problem. And apparently I'm not the only one.

• If we were going to allow do-overs it would have been easier to leave out the scoring mechanism entirely. :)

• @kebabi said: I found this a bit of a problem too. But hey, maybe I'll just play through it imperfectly and on the second playthrough, perfectly. But too many of my mistakes are because I don't get the idea 100% the instructions and the rules, and I think THAT is a much bigger problem. And apparently I'm not the only one.

Yeah, most of my mistakes are misunderstandings of what the goal of the puzzle actually is.

• Agreed, and there was one puzzle that REALLY confused me. The one with the guards and midnight-to-midnight crap.

• Yup, got a few imperfect score's from not knowing I couldn't go to trees, to having to fill all glowing blocks, while I thought they could just be passed etc. etc. aside from the puzzles where I really screwed up (bugs II, while I and III got a 10).

• Am I the only one to have a really bad score. I absolutely sucked. One puzzle (the one with the key in the fish) it took me 9 attempts to get right. (The answer was the last fish that I clicked on). After I read the 'how?' I felt really stupid...

Add Comment