User Avatar Image

Do you want this game to be turned into a full season?

posted by Neelo on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

So, do you want it? I would definitely buy it, I loved this game and am looking forward to other pilot episodes!
EDIT: There's a typo on the third option, it should be "and Telltale should focus on better games"

93 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Zak

I really think they should make these into full length games like Prof. Layton that they make every year or so.

I can't really see it being as interesting as an episodic game as it would be as a full game.

I would like more Puzzle Agent though.

• @Zak said: I really think they should make these into full length games like Prof. Layton that they make every year or so.

I can't really see it being as interesting as an episodic game as it would be as a full game.

I would like more Puzzle Agent though.

I agree. I never expected to love Puzzle Agent as much as I have. I honestly think it is the best Telltale game made to date, even beating out Sam & Max Season 3. I love the atmosphere, the simplicity of the game play and control scheme, the music, the art style, everything...

...and yet I don't want to see this as an episodic series. Part of what makes Puzzle Agent good is that it's a complete game. While it is left open to follow up should they want to continue the story, the case itself is over. Yes, there are a few mysteries left unsolved (and maybe that's for the better), yet I feel that the story wrapped up pretty nicely.

What I would like to see is a new Puzzle Agent game (if there is another one planned) having a release in the middle of another episodic season, just as this first game was released in the middle of S&MS3. I'd also like to see a new case, completely unrelated to the case we've just played.

All in all, I love Puzzle Agent, yet I'd rather have a number of separate games about separate cases than one complete episodic series with an over-arching storyline.

• I'm not dying for a full season of Puzzle Agent, but if they decided to make one, I'd probably buy it.

• At the very least, there should be a second one.

• @Toast_Burner said: I would like to see them do more with what happend but not directly, I like your idea of having the spaceman apear each episode.

When I said they exist outside of scoggins i was thinking of the Grickle video The hidden people

That video could have took place in Scoggins.

• @Klink said:

...and yet I don't want to see this as an episodic series. Part of what makes Puzzle Agent good is that it's a complete game. While it is left open to follow up should they want to continue the story, the case itself is over. Yes, there are a few mysteries left unsolved (and maybe that's for the better), yet I feel that the story wrapped up pretty nicely.

No it didn't. Hidden People and their goal was ignored, space theme and astronaut was ignored, mass hypnosis via puzzles was ignored, and the list goes on. There were heaps of plot holes that couldn't be ignored in a sequel. There was no closure. It felt like a demo at the end, where you have to wait to see the whole product.

• Oh my god yes. I've not even finished it yet and I'm upset that after I beat it I don't got another episode waiting to come out.

• I definitely want more!

I was surprised when the game ended so abruptly. Cliffhanger ending, and so many unvisited locations on the map! I thought maybe I'd missed some puzzles, or needed a higher score to access the "real" ending. Guess not.

• Great thread. I'll vote once I've played it on WiiWare.

• "Do you want this game to be turned into a full season?"

Pay a third of the cost of Professor Layton for a third of the game. Not worth it IMHO, if the story doesn't provide any closure. At all.

Add Comment